584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Anilam crusader m control problem.
Page 3 of 4 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    ENA - and ENA+ are the enable pins, it might be possible to use these, but many times can be unused. The AOUT is the command signal, and the GND is the command common. These would be connected to the command input pins on the drive.
    OK so I finally got everything wired and my kid tripped over the 5i25 and 7i77 cable and unplugged it while it was on, now my drives make a high pitch noise and the red lights on the drives don't come on anymore, did this fry something on the board Jim?

Re: Anilam crusader m control problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CATCH22 View Post
    OK so I finally got everything wired and my kid tripped over the 5i25 and 7i77 cable and unplugged it while it was on, now my drives make a high pitch noise and the red lights on the drives don't come on anymore, did this fry something on the board Jim?
    Not likely that something is fried, I would be looking for loose connections. The high pitched noise is the carrier frequency. I have one drive that is really annoying.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Not likely that something is fried, I would be looking for loose connections. The high pitched noise is the carrier frequency. I have one drive that is really annoying.
    OK thanks Jim.

Hey Jim, before this happened the servo drives didn't make any noise and there was one red light on, on each of them, now no lights are on, on the drives,and the have that high pitch noise.

Did the motors run before the plug was pulled?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Did the motors run before the plug was pulled?
    No the motors weren't running yet.

No the motors weren't running yet.
    Do you have a manual for those drives. I have no idea what the LED(s) mean. The sound probably means that the drive is enabled, but without some documentation it's hard to tell what is going on.

One note, make sure the motors are mechanically disconnected from the machine until you know you have the motors under computer control. They have enough power to break something if they run away, which is common when setting up a new system.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Do you have a manual for those drives. I have no idea what the LED(s) mean. The sound probably means that the drive is enabled, but without some documentation it's hard to tell what is going on.

One note, make sure the motors are mechanically disconnected from the machine until you know you have the motors under computer control. They have enough power to break something if they run away, which is common when setting up a new system.
    Unfortunately I don't have a manual for those drives, and yes I did already remove the drive belts off of the servos.

Maybe this will help.

I am not able to locate a manual for those drives. You are going to have to do some research to see if you can find one. I would check with board rebuilders, or ANIMLAM User Support :: Acu-Rite

Maybe https://www.illianaindtech.com/html/anilam.html

Also Google Anilam and start checking the hits. It is possible that the LED(s) are labeled on the board and that might give some indication of what they mean. Without some documentation we are just shooting in the dark.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

I am not able to locate a manual for those drives. You are going to have to do some research to see if you can find one. I would check with board rebuilders, or ANIMLAM User Support :: Acu-Rite

Maybe https://www.illianaindtech.com/html/anilam.html

Also Google Anilam and start checking the hits. It is possible that the LED(s) are labeled on the board and that might give some indication of what they mean. Without some documentation we are just shooting in the dark.
    Thanks Jim, I just uploaded a picture of the lights on the drive, VE EC GF SC are what it shows next to the lights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190410_184523.jpg  

Unfortunately those labels are too cryptic to decipher.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

OK I will see what I can find for a manual.
    Thanks Mike

Quick update, just got home from work and turned the mill on, the servos have power to them and all are turning very slowly, so I hope this means my Mesa boards are fine.

Quick update, just got home from work and turned the mill on, the servos have power to them and all are turning very slowly, so I hope this means my Mesa boards are fine.
    That is a good sign (expect them to drift until the feedback loop is closed in LinuxCNC)

BTW this is what the drive enables are for, the drives should not be enabled unless LinuxCNC is in control
    so you should never see drift on a properly wired/configured system

This is a safety issue because you want LinuxCNC to be able to disable the drives when it senses a fault

And I'm assuming that will all be done using pncconf.Is that correct?

And I'm assuming that will all be done using pncconf.Is that correct?
    Actually no, this is a mainly a wiring issue (and understanding how your drive enables work)

Quote Originally Posted by PCW_MESA View Post
    Actually no, this is a mainly a wiring issue (and understanding how your drive enables work)
    Oh ok, I guess I will have to do some more research on that.
    Thanks PCW

Quote Originally Posted by PCW_MESA View Post
    Is there a wiring drawing I can find that shows the proper way to do it with the 5i25 and 7i77 on a 3 axis mill?

Is there a wiring drawing I can find that shows the proper way to do it with the 5i25 and 7i77 on a 3 axis mill?
    This is dependent on how the drives enable signal works, have you found any documentation on the drive or original mill wiring diagrams?
    Do you have the drive part number and manufacturer?

Page 3 of 4 1234