584,800 active members*
4,344 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > I have V25 producing good code for Siemens 808D Advanced

I have V25 producing good code for Siemens 808D Advanced

This is the first prototype of my UK spec 1911 mag well to test the tool paths for my first new product with the VMC, it wants a few tweaks to leave more material for the finishing paths here and there but the dimensions came out spot on, first time.

Attachment 417114

Re: I have V25 producing good code for Siemens 808D Advanced

Wow, nice! That doesn't look like an easy piece to make. I take it you are happy with the new VMC!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mastercam X9/2017 Multiaxis for SolidWorks - Bobcad V29 3ax Pro 4ax Std.

Thanks! I'm really happy with the new machine, it has massive castings all the way down to the floor so it has excellent rigidity and loads of mass, it should be capable of more than I need from it.
    Some of your old posts here helping others with post processing were a really big help! Many Thanks for sharing your expertise, I'm sure you've helped more people than you are aware of, I'd have really struggled without you and Al from BobCAD.
    I'm in the process of sorting all areas of the CAM out fully for this machine and modelling the machine for the simulation is next so I'm reading and re-reading your topic on that too!

Sharing the struggles, failures, and successes is something I'm always happy to do and even happier to hear if it's helped someone else have a few less struggles

I watched a few videos of the Syil X7 and I'm really impressed. And it sounds like you have it well equipped, you're going to have a hard time finding something you can't do on it. If you need models, I scoured grabcad to find decent models of my machines and came up with enough good ones to piece together my machine models. And keep in mind that ModuleWorks has some literature out there if you poke around!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mastercam X9/2017 Multiaxis for SolidWorks - Bobcad V29 3ax Pro 4ax Std.