Ok, so i love Surfcam, i have been using it since 1998. I am 52 years old, and work as a cnc operator, designer, idéer, constructor, bla bla bla.
I am A Swede, and the company i work for is very small, about 8 people, and nearly everyone make their own programs. We are a lego company.
Sorry if i am bragging.

Now we dont have a service deal anymore with Surfcam, and the boss have decided to scrap Surfcam for Mastercam, and i dont like that.
Now Mastercam was sort of a copy of Surfcam back in the 90:s or reverse, but i just hate the X versions. Dont get me wrong, Mastercam is big for a reason. But as i work with fast
prototyping, Surfcam is awesome. I can draw lines, circles, splines in a blink, an post out code for milling very fast. And Postform is a great processor for
making cnc code, or posthaste, as it is called. (Mastercam do not support it) I can make my own Processor with it, and that is great. Also, i have tried Gibbscam, and what a joke for me, stupid for fast drawing.

Also, With surcam i can print exact contours on paper for comparison, witch i do a lot. I also have been using the monitor to copy things for renovations, since i can
set the monitor to 1:1 scale. And the verification is awesome, i use it a lot for 3D printing, since it comes out as a .stl file.

Now the downside, it is a bit buggy, things i learned on the way. So i save very often.
And also, it do not support solid drawing. A big floor back.

/Anders.