584,808 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > OpenSource Software > gcode ripper not starting at origin

gcode ripper not starting at origin

I am attempting a pcb with cnc router. All is set up and after crashing my bit and breaking it, i set up the design size 2mm smaller for tolerence. When i run gcode ripper however it probes the first spot at X-0.1 and Y-0.6
    Why does it move and not probe at X0 and Y0? Is there a way i can get it to do this?

Re: gcode ripper not starting at origin

It sounds like your design tool paths extend to a minimum X value of -0.1 and a minimum Y value of -0.6.

G-Code Ripper can adjust the origin for you if you want it to. To adjust the origin you just set the Origin setting to Bottom Left ("Bot-Left") then the zero position will be at the bottom left corner of the design. Beware, if you do this and then do a subsequent operation like drilling the holes may not line up because you are asking G-Code Ripper to adjust the origin position.
    Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by scorch View Post
    It sounds like your design tool paths extend to a minimum X value of -0.1 and a minimum Y value of -0.6.

G-Code Ripper can adjust the origin for you if you want it to. To adjust the origin you just set the Origin setting to Bottom Left ("Bot-Left") then the zero position will be at the bottom left corner of the design. Beware, if you do this and then do a subsequent operation like drilling the holes may not line up because you are asking G-Code Ripper to adjust the origin position.

Ah. Another homer simpson moment. It goes to a negative because the software is using a cutting to that goes half a tool length beyond the design border to cut the board size you specified. Thanks i got it sorted