584,866 active members*
5,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Bijur ZJBE injectors

Bijur ZJBE injectors

I am trying to buy the "Bijur ZJBE injectors" that attach to the PDI manifolds, I see them at the usual CNC web stores but I feel they are pricey since they cater to the CNC community, nothing wrong with making a profit however I have experienced parts being double in price from non CNC shops however it is a bit tricky finding the right place to buy it from.
    I sent an email to Lube USA and Bijur but perhaps someone knows of a place to buy this items at a good price?
    Also could the injectors be cleaned in an Ultrasound cleaner and be reused? Or perhaps is better to just replace them. Thank you!

Re: Bijur ZJBE injectors

Sir, we carry all the metering units (injectors) for any Fadal in the field however I have never heard of this size. If you can tell me where it is from on your Fadal, I can likely get you a suitable replacement. FadalCNC Tech Support

Hi ASIGuy,
    Sorry for the later reply and thank you here is what I need ...

#
    Item Number
    DESCRIPTION / PART NUMBER
    QTY

BIJ20-5349
    INJECTOR 18300-20 (ZJBE-20)

BIJ20-5347
    INJECTOR 18300-06 (ZJBE-06)

BIJ20-5348
    INJECTOR 18300-10 (ZJBE-10)

Sir,

I understand trying to save money, we are all about that as well and we have to make a profit to survive. I can tell you on those Bijur metering units we pay about $6 and sell for about $8. Low margin parts but we offer them for those who don't have the time to clean them or look for alternatives. I know that those metering units are only offered by Bijur and USA Lube will not have a substitute. We went that route several years ago trying to give our customers a less expensive alternative but struck out. If I am wrong, please shoot me the information for the substitution. I would really appreciate it as well as others here.

Thanks,
    Brian D.

Hi Brian,
    I would love to find this oil injectors for $8, could you please point me to them? Also I notice you said that they can be cleaned, is that possible? Thank you!

We don't stock the part number you need, but I can contact Bijur and see what they will do and I will get you the best price I can. As far as cleaning, you can soak them in mineral spirits for a day or so, take them out and using compressed air, blow out both ends and put it back in the manifold. Check to make sure they are dispensing oil when they are in the manifold and under pressure. It won't be much but you should see some oil coming out of it. Try this first and if you still need new ones, I will see what I can do for you.

Brian D.

Thank you Brian for all the information, I will try cleaning them as you recommended, with that said the testing is where I get a bit confused. I know they dispense .06cc, .10cc and .20cc. if I see oil come out I am good I should only be worried if I do not see oil? Are we talking drops? Thank you so much for your help I appreciate it

I know late to this post. You can rebuild these injectors for around $3.00. Call Motionsource1 they are out of Ohio. I have the Fadal VMC15 with the ZJBE .06cc injectors, you can buy the new seal and o’ring. Take the injector apart it splits in half or really the top 1/3 comes off. There will be a stem, spring, flat washer, piston, and cup seal. Takes compressed air to blow the seal and piston out. After taking mine apart I cleaned with super clean, rags and qtips. After getting years of crap off of them and cleaned I polished the injectors, they look better than new and will have new seals in them and last another 23 years. A lot of the parts on these machines can be found just have to take the time and do the leg work. FADALS are great machines and I applaud Brian for all his help. The cost of new machines are crazy expensive hence why I think these used up machines are becoming very popular to buy cheap and rebuild them as long as you have the space and time.

Thank you Ballistic42, I wish I had your advice earlier. I did end up just buying all new injectors and changing all the copper lines, I didn't want to chance it. WIth that said next time around I know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil6 View Post
    Thank you Ballistic42, I wish I had your advice earlier. I did end up just buying all new injectors and changing all the copper lines, I didn't want to chance it. WIth that said next time around I know what to do
    No problem. Just FYI you can buy new o rings (100 of them from grainger for $3.00 and new cup seals from www.motionsource1.com. Total cost to take apart and rebuild the injectors is around $2.50 a piece. The tubing is 5/32” or 4mm. You can buy all the parts for the Fadal PDI pump as well from motionsource1. I rebuilt my whole lube system for way cheap!!