Hi, and thank you in advance for reading. I bought a 2.2 kw Telemechanique (French) VFD to run my spindle motor for milling high density fine grain EDM graphite. I cannot afford a German, Italian or US made spindle at the moment so I have been looking into Chinese ones to get me by for the next year or so. My concern is the watt rating. From what I am reading, it appears that a Chinese 2.2 kw motor is equivalent to a 1.5 kw US made motor. Do I need to buy a 4 KW motor to run from my 2.2 kw VFD, or should I stick to a 2.2 kw spindle motor if I am going to go the Chinese route? I am a systems engineer, and I did take two years of electronics, I do understand Ohm's law, Thevenin's theorum, Norton's theorum, etc, what I do not understand is cross national watt ratings...I do not want to purchase a spindle motor that is going to draw 4,000 watts from an inverter that is only prepared to supply 2200 watts...does anyone have any experience with the Chinese spindles? I have always worked under someone with money to buy professional equipment. I just opened my own shop, I have always purchased German made equipment, being a startup I just cant afford the luxury of buying the best of the best at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for reading! -Monte