584,808 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

K40 laser problems when turning on

I recently bought a SH K40 Chinesse laser engraver and I tested by pressing the "Laser switch", adjusting the current regulation, adjusting the mirrors and stuffs like that. By doing that I think I break something, or something happened with the rail because when I try to move the laser head from the K40 Whisperer, it does initiaze, I can move the Y axis by pressing the arrow down, but when I try to move the head to the right, nothing happened. Try this several times, no result.

The last thing that I saw is that every time I hit the Initialize Laser it will go down a little bit until it will hit the limit.

Video to see that the X axis is not responding : https://streamable.com/yetr2

Found out this large white wire was being pulled out from the stepper...

Ok so I plugged in the white wire back into the stepper... and the laser went crazy. I also tried to flip the wire in the plug but it behaves like it was in the beginning with no response from the X axis. Somehow now the axis are moving but terrible wrong...

Video here : https://streamable.com/vrifo

I don't have a clue what could possibly went wrong with this laser machine.
    Any advice would be helpful. Thank you !

Re: K40 laser problems when turning on

Check the belt and pulley. Can you slide the head easily by hand? Sounds like it's trying to reference.

Hi underthetire, yes when the laser is turned off I can easily slide the head left and right. Can this be a hardware issue ? the way it's behave ? Should i replace the stepper ? Really don't know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by iDaniel88 View Post
    Hi underthetire, yes when the laser is turned off I can easily slide the head left and right. Can this be a hardware issue ? the way it's behave ? Should i replace the stepper ? Really don't know what to do
    Hi Daniel, i Ve your same problem, have you fixed It??? I really don t know how to do...

I just got a k40 and when I turned it on my x axis goes up and does. It stop, I also can download the soft wear does anyone know anything about it? New to cnc and don’t know how to post my own question lol. Sorry