584,862 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dynatorch accuracy problems

I finaly got the table running. I used Plasma Mate to draw a segmented Donut. The outside dia. was 94.5 but ended up 94.937. the inside dia was 71.86 but ended up 72.6. It was segmented into 60 Deg. parts. The lenght of the parts varied so it was not round. The parts where arrayed from the same Plasma Mate program. It will cut single parts some what accurate.

inaccuacy

I am also having problems with my machine following the toolpath of my cad drawing. When cutting a circle, the end result is oblong. The machine should cut exact parts but is not following the geometry of the part I am trying to make. What causes the machine to be inaccurate?

SARANELL,
    I suggest you contact dynatorch,but just in case first things first make sure your table is square.

Also how small are your circles?Small accurate circles with plasma....forget it.

Total Fab, could we have a few more details regarding the machine settings your using, IPM ,acceleration, etc. Also what units are your parts in, inches or mm?

I have a machine I converted over using Dynatorch products so may be able to help.

Leon will for sure be able to help you solve you problems if you can give him a call.

What comes to mind at first regarding your accuracy problems is speed. Your machine is closed loop, it will try to follow the path you programed but at high speeds, accelerations it can overshoot. Think driving a car fast down a winding road, your going to be on the gravel shoulder or into the ditch if you have a lead foot.

Tyler

i do a lot of drawing and programming on we-cim with dynatorch. i whent to a 3 day class on dynatorch stuff and the one thing that the teacher said is that if you have a wide screen monitor that could mess you up. Something to consider if you have a wide screen monitor. Also when you look at the g code watch the dim. Couse if they go to wide you know that something is rong. Also i agree check and make sure that you tale is square.

I am going to Daynatorch for We-Cim training the end of June. How do you import from We-Cim to burn?

totalfab06,

I have been to a we-cim training course. do you mean how to get the G-Code from we-cim into the dynatorch software to cut ?

I've imported dwg, nested it but can't convert to code. I don't know if I'm just dumb or what?

ok did you go in and apply toolpath to the drawing or nest ? If not then it will not write a g-code for the drawing or nest. If you need anymore help feel free to ask.

I got the problem solved. I hope! The table came with the master side gear rack about .375 out. The gantrey would jump off of the v-rail. I couldn't tell from slave side of table. I trued redrilled and tapped, hopefuly this corrects problem.

Angry

I

Hey guys,
    I have to say after using my machine for months I am suprised to read about people having problems with their tables. I bought a drop side table from DT and it was square and true, only thing I had to do was add the stops on the gear and shim the drop side plate for clearance. DT offered to send shims but having a fab shop I made one in about 5 minutes and done.
    Oblong holes: I check my slack and tightness of the gear mesh pretty regularly with no problems. Most of my brackets have 6 to 8 holes and one slot and my holes are very nice and round. If there are any kerfs I run a uni bit through them after slag clean up. Check some of the older posts from the tread I started months back and see of you can print out Scorpions (Matt) post of the settings for IPM-Voltage-Tip etc, they are dead on for the most part with only about a 2% variance +/- depending on machine or tips used.
    Ed-Ryno
    www.rynomobility.com

Smile Problem Solved

I haven't posted in a while. I got the replacement table built. I took the dimensions from Dynatorch's drop side table and modified to fit a water table. This has solved all problems I had with the gantry jumping the rails. I will post pics later. This project went smooth with all the help from fellow forum members. Thanks

I can't even imagine the level of hate & discontent I'd be feeling if I had bought a table & then had to build or rebuild it. I just can't go there with words.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!