585,722 active members*
4,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol M-32 control on H630N sending program

hi to all

we recently got this machine in our shop and I'm trying to send programs to it.
    i have been having some difficulties doing this, and have a bunch of questions
    the machine gives you 3 different options to receive data. CMT I/O , DNC I/O, and TAPE I/O. i have tried all three of these and still the machine will not communicate. I'm trying to send a EIA/ G-gode program to it using the same cable as we use on our other CNC Mills (Fadals). Maybe the pin connections have to be changed for the mazak machines. I'm not sure.

also do you have to get the machine ready and waiting to receive the program or is it the other way around, have the machine pull the program from the PC
    i have heard some people use both ways. we always have the machine waiting to receive and then send the program with the PC. any ideas on this.

when we got the machine the company who had it before us had a note on it
    of how to transfer programs to the machine. it says to use the TAPE I/O
    command, and then use the Tape-Receive key and then type in the program #, and input key, then start "soft key" and also to remove finger off start key... i tried all this exactly like the note had it. and no luck.
    i keep on getting error #541 tape reader mis connect
    when i look in the mazak books we got with the machine there is only error #s up to like 390. there is no errors in the 500#...

we use Gibbs for our programming and also for transferring programs.
    i also have Simco-edit for transferring data, i tried both and on luck.

i also checked all the communicating info, parity baud rate handshake etc every thing match.

can any one out there help me...
    then machine is a H630N horizontal mill. 1993 model with a mazatrol M-32 controller on it.

thanks
    Chris

We had the same problem at our shop on an M2 control. There are 2 ports on the control. One is the CMT port and thinking you have connected the cable to this port. There should be one next to it that you connect the EIA port to. If not you can open the cabinet and look on the inside to see if it floating in there, which is the problem we had. The cable we use is the same as most machines. PINS 2 and 3 crossed with PINS 4&5 jumpered and 6,8&20 jumpered all on the machine side.

Hope this helps.

Beau