584,817 active members*
5,124 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pump to Huanyang VFD

I'm trying to connect a 24V relay and 220V pump using the multi-output, FC, on Huanyang 2.2Kw VFD. Attached is the VFD wiring diagram. I have the FA, FB, FC parameter set to 1 - Run. I can hear the internal relay activate when the spindle turns on, but when I check for voltage, I get no reading across FA, FB or FC and DCM (connected to ground).

Am I checking across the right terminals? What would be the correct ground?

Is it safe to say that I could expect 250VAC across FA? If that's that case, I can power the pump straight from FA.

Re: Pump to Huanyang VFD

I'm working with mine right now. FB is the common relay contact. FA is Normally Open and FC is Normally Closed. You would use FB and FA as your switch.

I'm using those contact as my spindle at speed signal with PD053 set to 05. I'm trying to move that to the UPF,DRV,DCM terminals but not having much luck.

John

As far as the voltages across those contacts it would appear that you could directly control the pump but I would wait and see if someone more knowledgeable comments on it. I just don't trust this manual that much. I used a 12 volt pump on mine didn't use a submersible style pump.

John

The contacts do not supply any voltage, they just switch a powered load connected to either NO or NC and common (FB).
    IOW you supply the power.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by shisa7807 View Post
    I'm trying to connect a 24V relay and 220V pump using the multi-output, FC, on Huanyang 2.2Kw VFD. Attached is the VFD wiring diagram. I have the FA, FB, FC parameter set to 1 - Run. I can hear the internal relay activate when the spindle turns on, but when I check for voltage, I get no reading across FA, FB or FC and DCM (connected to ground).
    FA, FB, and FC are not in any way connected to DCM, nor should they ever be. FB is the common, FA is normally closed, FC is normally open. Observe the current and voltage limitations of the contacts. The way this is illustrated in the manual is very confusing, and very poorly written.

The DCM (DC common) is only connected to DRV and UPF, these outputs are internally powered at 24VDC, but note the 100ma limitation. To do anything useful, you would have to use this output to energize an external relay.

Is it safe to say that I could expect 250VAC across FA? If that's that case,
    No, the internal relay contacts are not powered until you connect a power source to FB

I can power the pump straight from FA.
    I would not, use the internal relay to energize another relay (contactor) that drives the pump
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

In which scenario would you use FA, FB, FC and DRV, UPF, DCM? To me they both seem to do the same thing.

Attached is a simple schematic for the two setup. If I were to go with FA, FB, FC, what would connect to the neutral of the relay coil?

The way you show it, you would short/blow the output transistor, the 24vdc+ve would go to one side of the coil, the other side would go to the collector output UPF,
    The 24vdc-ve would go to DCM.
    IOW you use it the same way as a contact to pick up a relay
    One is contact closure, the other solid state.
    You may want to use the S.S. outputs where a semiconductor to sink or source inputs is used. or where switch bounce using the relay contact could be an issue.
    Al.

Albert E.

Is it safe to say that I could expect 250VAC across FA? If that's that case, I can power the pump straight from FA.
    You can use the VFD Drives 24v to switch /power the Relay FA FB FC only can be used DCM is not for use in this Circuit
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You can use the VFD Drives 24v to switch /power the Relay FA FB FC only can be used DCM is not for use in this Circuit
    Are you saying my pump schematic (in blue) is correct? If not, can you upload a simple sketch. It'll be a lot easier for me to understand.

If using the internal 24vdc, then connect DCM to neg side of the coil as you show it..
    Al.

Albert E.

Are you saying my pump schematic (in blue) is correct? If not, can you upload a simple sketch. It'll be a lot easier for me to understand.
    As Al has said when using the VFD 24v supply you use the DCM for the return your Blue drawing will work onces you connect the Relay - negative to DCM
    Mactec54

I'm new could you tell me how you wired and program the VFD for a 12v pump?