584,817 active members*
4,492 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ENGRAVING

ENGRAVING

I created single line text, for the inside of a cavity for a mold.
    works as expected.
    I created another mold with a different style but the text is the same, so I copied the text from the original file and pasted into the new file. did everything the same and it dosen't print all of the lines in the text
    I have attached screen shots
    one shows the Feature window showing the text that is selected, another pic shows the text that is selected and the other shows the tool path
    you will see in the pic that the "R" and the "P" are not cutting properly.
    any ideas??
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com

Re: ENGRAVING

OK, I redrew the text from scratch, delete the feature, and still have exact same problem
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com

Known failure

Seems to work fine here on V28, are you using a single line Font or actually drawing the lines etc and/or are you vectorizing the text? FYI I didn`t vectorize the text, just used the BobCAD single line Font (BobCAD Default).
    If you are drawing the lines or vectorizing the text try zooming right in at the point where the missing lines should join and see if there is a very small gap, that might be your problem.

I tried doing the same as you and copied and pasted the text into a new BobCAD drawing and again it worked just fine for me

Regards
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SPOONEY DIVER-SIM.JPG   SPOONEY DIVER-TOOLPATH.JPG  

I just used the BC font both times. didn't vectorize. may be related to, not remembering what I did first, I went to Engrave but I didn't have the right tool set up in the Engrave, then I used Profile and didn't work, then I tried to switch my machining strategy from Profile to Engrave and Engrave was greyed out. then tried a pocket and that was a mistake and somehow either by starting over I was able to switch to Engrave when it wasn't greyed out and it finally worked.
    Yes the lines that didn't machine did have gaps and I tried putting in points and drawing lines and it still didn't work, but its done now,
    David L. Aery
    www.hooksolutions.com