584,871 active members*
5,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > I need help whit Panasonic software

I need help whit Panasonic software

Good evening everyone, I write these lines to ask for help, I have got two panasonic drivers of the EX series, very old, the driver in particular is the MSD011P1EC03, and the engine is the MSM011PJA, I have got the PDF but not much more, my problem comes in the programming of the driver since according to the instructions there is to do it under MS DOS with the RS232C protocol (besides it does not have neither keyboard nor display), besides it has cost me a lot to find out the scheme of the cable of 6 pins type RJ11 for the communication, I got the oldest version of Panaterm, the 3.70.3, but it does not work with that driver, I've even dedicated a PC just for that with Win XP, but it still does not work, to the maximum that I have arrived is that the Panaterm finds the driver, but by confirming that if I want to communicate with the communication failure and there is no possible way to enter the driver, I have read some post in this forum about this driver so I hope that someone has this program love and want to share it since Panasonic has told me they can not help me beyond Panaterm 3.70.3.

Thank you very much to all

http://www.uppic.es/images/2019/04/16/drivermotor.jpg

Re: I need help whit Panasonic software

Hello again, after three years I have finally found the software for this driver, the manual is the one from the link that Roberto sent me to, from here thank you very much, I have found the software in a Korean blog and despite the fact that according to the manual it works under MS DOS the one I have found is under XP, for the cable I also saw them and I wanted them, in the end I opened the driver and followed the serial communication connector to a Max 232 and with the Max datasheet 232 find out proper connections, installed tested and working.

I checked my old panasonic manuals and did not have this exact driver manual. Some older drivers like this had a remote programmer available that plugged into the ethernet looking socket. Yaskawa, Mitsubishi both had these type programmers. If you are going to use this for a CNC machine you will need to program the drivers. The right version of Panterm should work. They have a serial cable that plugs into the driver and you plug the other end into an older PC with serial port. That cable diagram and schematic is probably listed in the driver manual if you found one.

Good afternoon CNCMan, in that manual there is no cable diagram, but it is very simple, it is an RS232 Nul Modem serial cable, I have used it with a USB RS232 CH340 converter and it has worked the first time, it only uses pin 2, 3.5 on both connectors.

Yes, a very simple interface three wires. So since you have that working did you get panterm to talk to the drive so you can configure it?

Yes, I got it, now I just need to configure it according to the manual or if someone with more experience than me has a file of a driver of that type working, read it from their driver and share it, that would make my job a lot easier, more than anything for the inexperience I have.

Works too in W7

What are you going to use the servo on, a cnc machine? I use Panasonic servos almost exclusively and can help you with the required parameters. post the link to your manual and tell me how you wanted to drive the servo, with a breakout board and Mach3/4 or something else?

Good afternoon CNCMan, thanks again for your interest, those two servos in particular are going to be used in a small tabletop lathe, they are going to be handled by an own design based on the Arduino Due that is already assembled and works more than well, with this system has the functions of turning, facing, cones, arc, metric threading and whitwort including taper thread, keyway, dividing plate and something else, these two servos in particular are for the X and Z axes, for the spindle I go to put a panasonic servo motor type MHMDO82G1U of 750W, it will be mounted with a 3/1 reduction and managed by a MCDHT3520 driver, so in the spindle I will have a pair of 3 HP, this driver if I have been able to almost configure it, I have managed to do it turn in speed mode and in position mode, but I still can't change the mode in "c" mode with pin 32, it is supposed that when enabling that pin it should automatically change from speed mode to position mode, I also can't figure out how to change the felt gone turn in speed mode enabling or disabling a pin, you have the Minas EX drivers manual here

https://industrial.panasonic.com/con...s_manual_e.pdf

and the program for those drivers you have here

https://blog.daum.net/pcorrect/314

I have made it work both in XP and in W7, the truth is that if you would look at it, it would do me a huge favor.
    To see what I am talking about about my controller, I put two links to a couple of videos, in one you will see how I handle it with arduino/Mach3, and the following video is the test of the divider function, that is the function that I would handle with it I servo in position mode and thus I avoid the electric clutch that separates cutting speed or position in the main spindle.

Mach3 test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6feH...=JesusMondejar

test divider plate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktCP...=JesusMondejar

Thanks a lot

madmondi,

First let me say you have done an excellent job on putting together your lathe controller. The color LCD display and using the Mega Adrino to control it all is very nice. Your layout is also excellent, you did a good job of routing your wires to avoid noise, just a very nice job. I watched your two videos which are very good, however I did not follow your entire discussion in the video since my Spanish is very poor. ha ha

You seem to have the spindle working very well with your controller and the touch screen interface lets you control the speed perfect.

You said you want to switch from position mode to speed mode, are you talking about the following parameters?

Parameter 31 - Position control switching mode: 0 to 10
    This parameter is used to select conditions of switching the 1st and 2nd gain in the position control mode.

Parameter 33 - Position control switching level: 0 to 20000
    The parameter is enabled when Pr31 is 3,5,6,9 or 10 and sets judgement level of when
    the 1st and 2nd are switch. Unit may vary depending on setting of Pr31

Thanks for the link to your servo and I was able to find the right one and download it for reference. The manual is talking about switch the gain source from position to speed if pr31 is set to 5. Is this what you are working on?

Russ

That's it, pin 31 to change mode, but I can't get it, that's why I thought that maybe you have it more in hand to see if you could try it with some servo that you had around send me the file, of course only if You could, otherwise I would continue fighting with Panaterm, and if you read the Minas EX manual, see if you could see what would be the best configuration to work only in position mode.
    Also thank you for liking my assembly of Arduino, it's not really mine, it's from a colleague of a forum that closed here in Spain and I will only develop it to simplify its assembly and that more colleagues could do it, although the forum is closed You can still see the thread of this montage, it is the following link:

https://foro.metalaficion.com/index.php?topic=7147.0

You can see the development of this pcb board from page 44 more or less, the plate you see in that video is the first one and it is double-sided, then I put a couple of photos of the last one that is made in four layers but it already has integrated voltage regulators and drivers for changing tools and the dividing plate.

Attachment 480132

Attachment 480130

The group of people who helped develop that unit did a nice job. Looks like the effort was mostly done back in 2017, but it is still impressive. I am not sure why you would need anything other than position control for the lathe. There is no PIN-31 on the driver, that was actually Parameter 31 inside the driver. That allows you to control the gain on the servo in several different manners.

I will review the manual again tomorrow when I have some free time.

Russ