584,826 active members*
5,168 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > I screwed up in DI and now my machine won't power up.

I screwed up in DI and now my machine won't power up.

Went into DI (diagnostics) because my control was acting weird and not displaying programs correctly from memory. and could not select a program from memory, it was just stuck on that one program and would not even display it correctly using PA. So went into DI mode and I checked most everything. And of course, not having a book or looking online first I screwed up by selecting the START CNC option #2 . That I now have read DO NOT USE. Oh Great.... I couldn't figure out how to exit the DI mode so I thought start cnc would cold start it and get me out. It said power off, wait... power on... not what I expected but Ok,,

Not Good.. So what did START CNC actually do????? I know it killed it.. already..

So my machine is totally dead now and won't even power up when pressing the green button.. I get crap scrolling up on the screen but won't power the axis at all and and won't respond to any inputs.. OK I was stupid,, but now what do I do? Please advise..

Thank you,,
    Noyrt

Re: I screwed up in DI and now my machine won't power up.

I am just as stupid.
    Have used the start cnc probably 10 times on one 4020 and once on a vmc10.
    Like you I expected it would restart the software.

Both machines worked fine afterwards.

Thanks for the reply.... Mine did not, I'm getting a flickering (maybe scrolling?)message on the screen that reads something like if you had to reset an emergency stop. But nothing works? Troubleshooting Tree says to start replacing boards. Thats not good. Don't know which one to buy first? Might have to call in an experts on this?

Sounds like a Power Supply problem....or cmos battery failing
    ....Turn off all incoming power to machine for 5-10mins than check the Battery on 1400 CPU board....the Battery is Purple about 2 inch long towards the top of board. Use a Volt Meter set to DC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpwX2fOQ44w

Hope it is something like a battery or power supply and not a cpu board

If all else fails, power down and remove the PC Board in slot #5 after you do a check on your battery. Reseat the extended memory if you have any, and reseat the software module. Put it back in and see if you have any luck getting the machine up. If not, remove the extended memory on the CPU board (1400-X), plug it back in and see if you can boot up. I don't really expect the problem to be the power supply, but checking it is easy and can rule it out right away. What you are concerned with is the 5 VDC supply. It is on the main low voltage power supply at the top if your electrical cabinet. The 5 volts need to be +-.1 volt. If out of that range, pull your cards and power back up and check it again. We want to rule out a card drawing down the supply. If all is good and all tests check out okay, I think you will need a new software module and maybe CPU but more likely the software module has crossed it's wires somehow. We have everything in stock that you might need.

FadalCNC Tech Support