584,833 active members*
5,647 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EdingCNC vs Kflop, any advice?

Hi there, I am a maker from Singapore. I am currently looking at either Kflop or EdingCNC to control my machine. Currently it is just a basic 3 axis vertical mill, and I might go for more axis. I am planning to add additive manufacturing capacity into my machine and would like to hear about current user's opinion. I would like to know if I can use Lattepanda Singale Board Computer to run this 2 boards? Thank you.

Re: EdingCNC vs Kflop, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by tofurobotixs View Post
    Hi there, I am a maker from Singapore. I am currently looking at either Kflop or EdingCNC to control my machine. Currently it is just a basic 3 axis vertical mill, and I might go for more axis. I am planning to add additive manufacturing capacity into my machine and would like to hear about current user's opinion. I would like to know if I can use Lattepanda Singale Board Computer to run this 2 boards? Thank you.
    Both very different, Eding is very good and the easiest to setup of the two, I would look at Acorn CNC as well if you don't need more than 4 axes Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication.DIY CNC kit, they all have computing requirements you can check there web sites for that

Just checked out the Lattepanda looks good
    Mactec54

Re: EdingCNC vs Kflop, any advice?

Take a look at RosettaCNC that have either 4 and 6 axis with a realpath simulator and evaluator of job and a rich set of G code codes at:

https://rosettacnc.com/en/

You can try the PC software for 45 days, without have a CNC board connected to LAN, requiring a Product Code with in-software dialog form.
    If you have a connect CNC board the software is automatically un-locked forever.

Some video of software also in this channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thoth2487/videos

PC software to run don't require a powerfull PC and is compatibile with XP to W10.