584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco Computer identification
Page 1 of 2 12

Hurco Computer identification

i recently purchased a 2000 BMC3017 and a 2001 VMX30 but both are missing their computer parts. I was able to pull all of the electronics from a 1998 model BMC40 / 50/M (what ever that means) machine to hopefully use the computer parts to get either the bmc30 or vmx running again. I know both machines were running before pulled. Can anyone help me identify this computer case? it seems different than what was in the BMC30. They all seem to have the exact same dual touch screen ultimax consoles. Are the consoles specific to the computer parts?

first attachment is what is left of the computer in the VMX30 machine (the BMC30 has nothing left at all)

the second attachment is the computer i pulled out of the 1998 machine and seems to be all there.

is this something i can work with? will it matter if it was out of a bmc 40/50 machine instead of a 30?

Thanks in advanced guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190411_200835.jpg  

Re: Hurco Computer identification

It shouldn’t matter. Everything depends on what you load on the hard drive. The second pic has an early Pentium motherboard instead of the passive backplane seen in the first pic.

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    It shouldn’t matter. Everything depends on what you load on the hard drive. The second pic has an early Pentium motherboard instead of the passive backplane seen in the first pic.
    Will that be enough to run one of the slightly newer bmc or vmx? Any downsides?

I have all of the upgrade floppys that came with the newer bmc30. Is there a procedure for wiping that hard drive and loading the stuff that came with the bmc?

again thank you for all the help. excited to get one of these up and running

It’s a little tricky if you are trying to run the software after V2.15
    It may get sluggish as you get nearer to V2.30 upwards.
    You will need a few software tools to make it run and you’ll need to know the little ‘rules’ to make it fly but it’s all do-able.

So the disks i have (floppys) i have are a big black binder with ultimax upgrade diskette executive v2. 16. There is a system config disk. Optikey utility disk. Bunch og software option disks. Also a couple backups in here. There is another packet of floppys that say service upgrade disk v2. 21.01. Also system config disk with the same version. So im going to have some issues? Thanks again. Is this something you could help me with?

That 1st picture looks like a Hurco version Dynapath Autocon 2000M The 2nd is a Dynapath Autocon 50M control (I think). Each use a different Operator's Panel/Key Board. They are interchangeable with the right software from Dealer but, of coarse they want $$$.
    Here is the Dynapath Dealer link
    DynaPath

Good luck,
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    That 1st picture looks like a Hurco version Dynapath Autocon 2000M The 2nd is a Dynapath Autocon 50M control (I think). Each use a different Operator's Panel/Key Board. They are interchangeable with the right software from Dealer but, of coarse they want $$$.
    Here is the Dynapath Dealer link
    DynaPath

Good luck,
    DJ
    They look the same, in fact autocon i believe made some of the boards, but is in fact Hurco controls. I believe i know where those machines came from....

The older versions of software needed a dongle to run that matched the version of software running with it. Do you have anything connected to the parallel port (25 way D socket)?
    When you get up to the latest software (V2.37) running on a Peak 715 or Peak 777, the dongle is no longer required. Instead, the options are stored in a file on the hard drive. You would need to get a passive backplane card, a CPU and a 2.5” hard disk (under 80Gb) cut down to 1.6Gb (auto detected) and a Canbus Controller card to get a minimal system running. Without a Canbus Controller to communicate with the Console Interface node in the control console, the software will not load.

If you have the dongle and it is programmed for software up to V2.15, you will have to manually load the hard drive with the software files. This will need a couple of utilities to combine files and to add the boot loader.
    For software V2.16 and up, the software can load automatically from the disks but it will need the Canbus Controller, Console Interface node and the dongle connected.

Looking again at your pics, you have most of what you’ll need to get one going. One has the passive backplane but nothing else, the other has a DSP, Canbus Controller and a hard drive. Snag a CPU and could start to get this ball rolling...

Looking again at your pics, you have most of what you’ll need to get one going. One has the passive backplane but nothing else, the other has a DSP, Canbus Controller and a hard drive. Snag a CPU and could start to get this ball rolling...
    Could you lead me in the right direction on what CPU i need? Ebay?

Do a search for Nexcom P777 or P715 CPU. You’ll find a processor that will fly. The 715 will be easiest to get started.

I went and took a look for a dongle.

The 2000 bmc30 the entire computer case is gone so nothing there.

The 2001 vmx30 with the partial backplane case doesnt have one either.

But the complete computer case from the 1998 bmc40 has this black dongle looking thing. I also got these upgrade disks with v2. 21 on them and they went to this computer case. Did they already upgrade this older co.mputer to 2.21? Thanks for all the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190418_183636.jpg  

Have you tried to power up the bmc40 control? It's missing one Card but, that might not be game stopper to Boot Up....All you need is VGA Monitor, an old style AT Keyboard and a Power Cord.

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    Have you tried to power up the bmc40 control? It's missing one Card but, that might not be game stopper to Boot Up....All you need is VGA Monitor, an old style AT Keyboard and a Power Cord.
    i have not tried. i guess its worth a shot. i didnt realize its missing a card. what is missing? sorry im learning hurco is new to me.

That Peak715 looks ideal.

That Peak715 looks ideal.
    ordered Thanks for all the help bloke. Can you help me get one running. What cards from the 98 bmc40 case do i need to swap to the vmx30 backplane case along with the cpu i just ordered.

Appreciate all the help again

Quote Originally Posted by alienturtle View Post
    i have not tried. i guess its worth a shot. i didnt realize its missing a card. what is missing?
    My mistake....did not realize you have 3 different Units.

I’ve just rebuilt a rack with almost exactly the same setup as you have. I’ll snag a picture of the finished unit on Tuesday. All you’ll need is the BIOS settings and a couple of other minor things.

how i want this soft i have virtual disk of 2.17 soft
    can you make for me 2.21 ?
    Hurco BMC 2416

Page 1 of 2 12