585,560 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

system P-G disk format

Does anyone happen to know the command to format a blank disk from the "request" line? "format" doesn't work.
    It won't let me save to a plain blank disk. I assume I have to format it first.

Actually a list of commands would be extremely helpful if anyone has that knowledge anymore.

Re: system P-G disk format

Go to the R3 screen. Put floppy in slot 0 type DINT
    To Save:Go to RO mode, F7 key, 4 NL, 1 NL OK@file to save with a file name

Re: system P-G disk format

Thank you drdos! I was able to successfully format the disk and back up my file

Someone else also shared some other commands with me and I thought I should share them here in case someone else needs them in the future

DINT 0 formats the top drive DINT 1 the lower
    FDLI L lists files on disk(usually starts at 17 or so, the first 16 being the hidden OS)
    the space-L is like DOS /p to pause the scrolling
    SAVE will put whatever currently loaded OS is running to make a new working copy
    REMOVE is used to 'copy' files
    SCRA is used to delete files- but the area will be unuseable umless the scratched file was the last one- if not, COND will free up the erased areas- takes a while

at R3 request
    IO PRT,CN1,F14,BR9,S0 will set it up for 4800 E 7 1 procomm comms on CN1, I use that a lot to xfer ladders from IBM FLADDER into the pig

Ive been working in imaging my system floppies with the dos freeware program imgage disk
    DAVES OLD COMPUTERS - Disk/Software Image Archive
    and have successfully created images of what I have ( PMC I, J, and L) I haven not quite yet figured out the settings to be able to successfully write those images to blank disks yet but am working on it with a vintage computer guy.

I'd like to try and rescue the PG software from obscurity and preserve it for future users.

Someone smart (not me) has a p-g and has "emulated the system" to run in a virtual environment.
    https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob.../fanucspmg.cpp
    It's an interesting link with some interesting reading.

I'm working on scanning in the PG manuals I have too.
    If anyone can or will help me with archiving the software that I'm missing (Need M, N ) but anything at all would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me directly. My PM inbox has problems The software is not available from Fanuc anymore. I don't even think they have it for themselves and if we don't archive it, it may become lost to time.
    Thanks!
    [email protected]