585,712 active members*
3,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mach3 screwed up !

I have been working on replacing my Huanyang 220v Inverter for the last few weeks and after going through 2 exchanges with Huanyang I have gone back to the original Inverter I had it was the "HY" series ,

Now I have the spindle running but I made some changes in mach3 when I was trying to get the "GT" series to work with my setup. Now I have the spindle running but it will not turn off from mach3 anywhere and because of the way it works with RS485 there is no control from the Inverter key pad either. I have looked at all the settings but I am can not tell what is wrong. I did see in the general config there is a location for M1 (optional?) for turning off and it was checked but I don't see any M1 in my gcode .

When a program is running and if I press STOP motors stop moving gcode stops running but the spindle stays on and nothing will turn it off but the emergency switch I had installed for the 220V. not even the emergency stop switch will turn off the spindle and that is not good.

Another thing I did notice is that there was always a readout for the RPM DRO but not this time? the input (gcode) DRO is filled but when spindle is running there is a 0 in the DRO ? Could the issues be related?

I ran a Operator- Check Config and I found this

Pin for an Output found as not pins 1 - 9, 14, 16, or 17. Unless using ModBus, this is wrong.
    ///////////////End of OUTPUT Signals Check///////////////////////

At this point I will try anything

Thanks

Pat

Re: mach3 screwed up !

Possibly a setting in the plugin?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: mach3 screwed up !

okay it seems that the mach3 error was because I had output 6 turned on in the ports and pins from when I was setting up the GT inverter, so that error has now gone away and I am still left with everything working now except the OFF of STOP. If I start a job and press stop before the spindle reaches speed everything shuts down even the spindle, but if I wait to get up tp speed the spindle will not stop, also I still get no DRO feedback from the spindle, so the DRO is 0. However the DRO telling the projected speed/freq. is there. I am sure it is in the mach3 software somewhere, just don't know where it is, I was doing many things ( probably wrong) when I was trying to get the GT series Inverter working and now I have no idea what I did!! Is there a way to reinstall mach3 to factor setting and then start new? It should not take so long to do considering I have been trying for weeks...
    Another thing when the spindle is running and if I try to increase the speed/freq. it looks like it is getting hung up on something, what I mean is in the past I would click the + arrow under Spindle control and it would change value right away, now if I try to increase or decrease it takes a few seconds and then Dwell blinks and then goes into fault, that's it no more control of VFD/spindle

Pat