584,858 active members*
4,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc/Robodrill rapid feed parameters

Fanuc/Robodrill rapid feed parameters

Hello all,

I have a Robodrill a-D21LiA5 with Fanuc series 31i-model B5...

This machine is crazy fast and gets dangerous to run specially when we do a lot of one offs.

What parameters can I change to reduce the rapid feeds to lets say in half.

and how to change those parameters ?

cheers

Re: Fanuc/Robodrill rapid feed parameters

there should be 4 buttons that say low, 25%,50% and 100% these will control the rapid

Quote Originally Posted by rcs60 View Post
    there should be 4 buttons that say low, 25%,50% and 100% these will control the rapid
    Yes, there is low, 25%,50% and 100% but the low is way to slow and the 25% is way to fast for 25%---this machine is crazy fast and I'm already seeing people crashing it big time. Have you seen a robodril running? it may sound ironic---Sometimes seems that the machine wants to run away through the shop. I can post a video if you like? A good example, I never seen a machine changing tools so fast, I'm looking at the tool change operation and the tool is already on the part. Is faster than my eyes. sound funny but is the true!!!!
    If I could increase the low a little and decrease all the other ones by 50% would be optimal for the type of work we do.

Parameter 1420, Must be in MDI or ESTOP and turn on PWE which can be found under the offset/setting screen under settings. Parameter Write Enable

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Parameter 1420, Must be in MDI or ESTOP and turn on PWE which can be found under the offset/setting screen under settings. Parameter Write Enable
    Thanks drdos, works like a charm now...
    I was just wondering if there is a separated parameter for the "low" I basically wanted to increase the low feed...

cheers
    P_FX

Quote Originally Posted by PRINT_FX View Post
    Thanks drdos, works like a charm now...
    I was just wondering if there is a separated parameter for the "low" I basically wanted to increase the low feed...

cheers
    P_FX
    I have never worked on a robodrill but I would answer no, you cannot modify the low speed. The parameter modify overall speeds. The percentages and ranges are done in the machine logic.

Quote Originally Posted by bill4807 View Post
    I have never worked on a robodrill but I would answer no, you cannot modify the low speed. The parameter modify overall speeds. The percentages and ranges are done in the machine logic.
    Sound odd, thanks bill4807, now I know.

You are right bill4807. there is no parameter for the "low"

You are right bill4807. there is no parameter for the "low"
    Well that took a while to troubleshoot. Lol.
    If i may ask how did you find out?

Quote Originally Posted by bill4807 View Post
    Well that took a while to troubleshoot. Lol.
    If i may ask how did you find out?
    too funny!!!
    I decided to look up the boring book and couldn't find any parameter info for the low---its a default setting. which is dumb!!! always thought Japaneses were a little smarter LOL

,,,,,,"have you seen a robodril running? it may sound ironic---Sometimes seems that the machine wants to run away through the shop. I can post a video if you like? A good example, I never seen a machine changing tools so fast, I'm looking at the tool change operation and the tool is already on the part. Is faster than my eyes. sound funny but is the true!!!! """"

it seems that japaneses did a machine that you can not handle...LOL....dunno who is smarter and who is not.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    ,,,,,,"have you seen a robodril running? it may sound ironic---Sometimes seems that the machine wants to run away through the shop. I can post a video if you like? A good example, I never seen a machine changing tools so fast, I'm looking at the tool change operation and the tool is already on the part. Is faster than my eyes. sound funny but is the true!!!! """"

it seems that japaneses did a machine that you can not handle...LOL....dunno who is smarter and who is not.

I can handle it indeed---is just, doesn't make sense the low rapid feed VS the 25%/50%/100% which only have one parameter, that is all.
    If this machine is designed for a production environment---why not a fully optimization? Maybe you can answer me?

I can handle it indeed---is just, doesn't make sense the low rapid feed VS the 25%/50%/100% which only have one parameter, that is all.
    If this machine is designed for a production environment---why not a fully optimization? Maybe you can answer me?
    It just depends on the builder. Ive seen a bunch of machines come from korea with the FEED variable from 0-120% at 10% increments and then have the RAPID at 0-25-50-100%. But other machines from japan having the FEED and RAPID on the same 0-120% with 10% increments. Depend on the programmer i have found since some like the controls independant.

I cannot comment on why, i am not a part programmer.
    To answer in my own way about adjusting it further is that mostly i will not program something so intricate unless it is a requirement or custom added feature.