585,981 active members*
4,341 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas HL-4 info, help, manuals, and tool holders

Haas HL-4 info, help, manuals, and tool holders

We are about to purchase an Haas HL-4. Being shipped and we are rather green on the lathe stuff. We are looking for any PDF documents anyone could offer. We really want the service manuals as well as operating. If one is willing, we would pay for shipping to get them and digitize them in a PDF file here and send them back with a PDF copy.

We have no idea where to get these unique tool holders that Haas uses. New or used works for us.

Also, this machine has the 40/30 Vector drive and we heard that that drive generally was installed with the big bore 4" bar option. Is that true? I have hear everything from 2.5-4" bore.

Also, is the tail stock programmable? Thanks for any help you can offer. We are just trying to school up here before it gets here.

070523-0718 EST USA

viper6383:

Go to the HAAS web site.

www.haascnc.com

Then to the bottom of the page
    click on "site map"

"manual updates" under "Customer service"

"Lathe - 96-8700 - 8MB" under "Operator's Manuals"

Quote Originally Posted by viper6383 View Post
    We are about to purchase an Haas HL-4.....Also, this machine has the 40/30 Vector drive and we heard that that drive generally was installed with the big bore 4" bar option. Is that true? I have hear everything from 2.5-4" bore....
    Most likely the spindle bore is 4" but the inside diameter of the draw tube that operates the chuck will be 2.5".
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I am green on this lathe stuff. Does that mean I will need a different chuck to bar feed 4" or is it just not possible to bar feed that big of material? thanks for the help guys.

070523-1021 EST USA

viper6383:

If the spindle bore is only 4" you only could only approach this size with stock if you went to a manual chuck and removed the draw tube and its actuator.

Between these two you should be good to go on tool holders. If that link to the operators manual on the Haas web site isn't enough let me know I think I still have some service manuals for them.:cheers:
    Gary

http://www.globalcnc.com/

http://www.usshoptools.com/

Good links there. I will get a hold of them. I guess one guess I really have on this machine is if it has programmable tail stock? Just bought as is so I kinda bought on impulse.

what is a HL4 worth like a 97 seen one on ebay it needed work.looking for
    a HL3 OR HL4 maybe you want to sell it?

Thanks

Art