Hi
A newbie here got may machine finally up and running and have chosen Vcarve Pro as my CAM software. I often will create 3D models in CAD (SolidEdge) but it appears STL is only file format that can be used. This is fine for rapid proto's, SLS/SLA etc but I'm finding the tessellated nature of the model causes a fair bit of erratic "jittering" tool movement, as it tries to follow the "roughness" of the surfaces. For example a circular part boundary. Where as a vector generated path of course is nice and smooth.

I'm exporting STL with fine mesh and using the highest setting in VCarve. Also where possible I've been running additional clean up tool paths driven off 2D vectors overlaid on the model, either by DXF import off my CAD or by drawing in VCarve.
What would be great is to be able to import a true solid/surface model by STEP, IGES etc and create tool paths off true edges and surfaces.
I've looked at the smoothing function, but that worries me that it is compromising the accuracy of the part as it modifies the mesh model.

Or am I missing something?