584,841 active members*
4,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Post Processor for PCNC1100 with SprutCam 9 and Mach3

Post Processor for PCNC1100 with SprutCam 9 and Mach3

Can someone post the post processor for Sprutcam 9 for Mach3? I've searched Tormach support and it looks like they've removed everything except PP.

You can also email it too me if that's easier. [email protected]

Appreciate it!

Re: Post Processor for PCNC1100 with SprutCam 9 and Mach3

I have used PP since inception, the same postprocessor works for Mach and PPilot......... Sprut 7 here.
    mike sr

I still use Mach III as well. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

By discontinuing support for Mach III, Tormach is telling us play my way or don’t bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    By discontinuing support for Mach III, Tormach is telling us play my way or don’t bother me.
    Actually they are telling us that they want to provide customer support by selling only products that they can fix and even enhance. If you were to try PP you might actually like it. I'm curious though. What are your plans for when your existing control computer dies?

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Actually they are telling us that they want to provide customer support by selling only products that they can fix and even enhance. If you were to try PP you might actually like it. I'm curious though. What are your plans for when your existing control computer dies?
    If/when that happens I’ll probably google Mach III and step up to whatever they have at that time.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    If/when that happens I’ll probably google Mach III and step up to whatever they have at that time.
    Good luck with that - Mach IV didn't have a very good reputation the last time I checked but that was a couple years ago,

Actually they are telling us that they want to provide customer support by selling only products that they can fix and even enhance.
    Mach only had one glitch for me, but the reason above is exactly why I ditched it and went with PP. A company reliant on a third party, is tied to the destiny of that third party.

What's in the Tormach controller that you can't run modern PC hardware?

If you mean required to run Mach3 you need a parallel port. Also the OS previously supplied by Tormach was a stripped version of Win/XP which lacks drivers for much modern hardware. PP runs on most modern machines with a PCI slot for the interface card.

So if his PC dies and he wants to stick with Mach 3 all he'd have to do is buy an ESS/UC300eth/similar device, then buy/build a new PC. Basically the same process as a PP controller. Of course you could always dual boot and run either software package.

I don't believe that the version of Mach3 provided by Tormach was "unlocked". That is the user does not have the ability to change the configuration to use an ESS, UC300eth or similar device. Purchasing a full Mach3 licence and learning how to configure things would solve the problem. Upgrading to PP might be both cheaper and easier.

I don't believe that the version of Mach3 provided by Tormach was "unlocked".
    You could get the unlock procedure by signing a disclaimer with Tormach. I and many others did that and Mach 3 became fully accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetopan View Post
    You could get the unlock procedure by signing a disclaimer with Tormach. I and many others did that and Mach 3 became fully accessible.
    Most of us just replaced the Tormach exe with the corresponding file from a standard Mach3 installation. The Tormach features remained but all the missing features re-appeared!

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    So if his PC dies and he wants to stick with Mach 3 all he'd have to do is buy an ESS/UC300eth/similar device, then buy/build a new PC. Basically the same process as a PP controller. Of course you could always dual boot and run either software package.
    I tried the ESS a long time ago. Perhaps it's been improved since then but I wasn't impressed. I've seen videos recently that appear to show the similar issues to those I reported way back.
    I'd recommend PP over Mach3 with ESS to anyone. If anyone needs convincing here are some quotes from the man himself

"I like the idea of the Smart Kool. Too bad it’s not compatible with Mach III."
    "I’d like to try Rapid Turn, but it’s not compatible with my MACH III, and as long as my MACH III still works, why change."

Step