585,555 active members*
3,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > need cross reference on Beta M encoders ?

need cross reference on Beta M encoders ?

Hello,

I have a guy who needs a retrofit on a robot with Beta M motors. I need to make sure I know what encoders are on the motors.
    These are (Beta)M0.4, 0.5 and 1, part # A06B-0114-B275#0008, and also -115- and -116- , but all of them have the #0008
    ending, which I think is the encoder spec.

I have not been able to find a cross reference to these encoders. I have found manuals from 1997 and 2002, but apparently they added new encoder types after the 2002 manual.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Jon

Re: need cross reference on Beta M encoders ?

Ah, I was looking at the wrong field in the part number. It seems that in the B275 field, the 75 specifies a (Beta)A64B encoder. Can anybody confirm this?
    Apparently, his encoders do NOT have labels on the outside.

Thanks,

Jon

i think beta series encoders are all the same pulse count

all beta and aplha encoders are serial data out, you can only use them with fanuc controls- there are no crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    i think beta series encoders are all the same pulse count

all beta and aplha encoders are serial data out, you can only use them with fanuc controls- there are no crosses.
    I'm pretty sure from the docs I have that there are at least 32K and 64K encoders in the Beta series.
    I make a converter for the Fanuc serial encoders that converts them to look like a quadrature encoder with 6-step commutation outputs.
    So, I didn't mean to cross-reference to some other brand of encoder, just to take the MOTOR number and find out what encoder is on it.
    The main motor part number DOES contain a code for which encoder is mounted. After digging through Fanuc manuals, it seems that
    in the B275 in the part number, the 75 specifies the encoder. I think, from an older manual that this specifies a (Beta)A64B encoder, but the guy's motor is newer than the manual, and doesn't completely match the full part number breakdown in the manual. The latest manual I could find online is 2002, and the guy's motor was made in 2011.

Jon
    Jon