584,841 active members*
4,684 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Add tool setting probe to Milltronics Centurion 7 knee mill???

Add tool setting probe to Milltronics Centurion 7 knee mill???

We recently purchased a 2006 Milltronics VKM3 CNC knee mill with the Centurion 7 SLS control. We also have a Renishaw TS27R wired tool setting probe that was a spare for our Haas VMC. We'd like to use this on the Milltronics.

From what I understand, the control can be setup to used a tool setting probe (and a part inspection / digitizing probe). Does anyone here have experience in this area and can share some insight?

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: Add tool setting probe to Milltronics Centurion 7 knee mill???

How do I get the PROBE1 and PROBE2 commands to work in parametric programming?

Playing around with parametric programming, I can setup and use a spare input pin or the pin that is supposed to be used by the probe (axis 1, pin 11 on my machine) to stop / start axis movement. I can do this with WHILE/WEND statements using the IPIN[11] command, but I would prefer to use the built-in commands PROBE1 and PROBE2.

The problem is PROBE1 or PROBE2 commands don't seem to work. I have set / verified the byte parameters associated with the probe input (probe axis 213 and probe input 214) and verified the status of input pin 1010, but when I try to use it in a program, it halts with a "000 unassigned error".

If anyone here can shed some insight, it would be appreciated.

I believe you have to purchase the probing option from milltronics, have you contacted them?

Prtty sure you have to have the full blown cnc software for the probe macros to work, looks like you're still on sls. When you say probe 1 probe 2 commands do you mean M Codes? Did you turn the spare mcodes on under the power parameter or set up the macros?

According to the Centurion manual, P899 is to enable digitizing/probe. No idea what number it needs to be set to since 1 and 0 aren’t the regular on/off for that parameter. But if you figure it out you should be able to use PROBE1 and PROBE2, assuming it functions on the SLS control.

Well I was wrong about P899 enabling the PROBE1 and PROBE2 commands.

P899 enables the PROBE and PROBE XY pages (Menu-F10Util) used with Digiscan 2.

Trying the PROBE1 command gives me a error 518, Illegal program statement, Command in program statement is not considered valid. Bummer.