584,805 active members*
4,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Free Delrin

Page 1 of 2 12

Free Delrin

I have some delrin and I am trying to pack for my upcoming move to Southern Washington.

I have one chunk that came to me as a 12X12X4 inch piece that has a 6X6 chunk cut out of it.

If you want it, all you gotta do is come and get it.

Before you ask, I don’t want to pack it for shipping.

I have more that’s not pictured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0D71991B-5CF5-4D0F-B439-1163ACA0C0C0.jpg  

Re: Free Delrin

Just my luck you live in another part of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalShavings View Post
    Just my luck you live in another part of the country.
    If you want to pay to have it packed and shipped you can have it. There’s more, This is just the biggest one.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Where you moving to Steve?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Where you moving to Steve?
    Either Northern Oregon or Southern Washington. Anywhere out of California.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post
    Anywhere outside of the urban growth boundary of the Portland/Vancouver metro area is not too bad. If you look about 25 miles east or west of I5 it's pretty nice. I'm out in the country, but only about 10-15 minutes from major shopping.

RMLS.comâ?¢ Regional Multiple Listing Service - Home This might be worth a look
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Anywhere outside of the urban growth boundary of the Portland/Vancouver metro area is not too bad. If you look about 25 miles east or west of I5 it's pretty nice. I'm out in the country, but only about 10-15 minutes from major shopping.

RMLS.comâ?¢ Regional Multiple Listing Service - Home This might be worth a look
    We’re also considering Ridgefield, Battle Ground and Salmon Creek areas.

We’re also considering Ridgefield, Battle Ground and Salmon Creek areas.
    Yup, any of those are good. North or east of the main metro area.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Yup, any of those are good. North or east of the main metro area.
    I want to be in an area where I can rent a small (600 to 700 sq. ft.) industrial building where I can set up my Tormach and conventional lathe.

I want to be in an area where I can rent a small (600 to 700 sq. ft.) industrial building where I can set up my Tormach and conventional lathe.
    Any of those areas would be good for that. You would just have to look around a bit for the right fit. If it's in the budget, buying a place with a shop already on it would be my first choice. Rural residential property with shops is pretty common in this general area.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Any of those areas would be good for that. You would just have to look around a bit for the right fit. If it's in the budget, buying a place with a shop already on it would be my first choice. Rural residential property with shops is pretty common in this general area.
    I like the idea of the shop on the property but I’m almost 75 years old and I thought what do I do with the shop when I get ready to hang it up. I don’t think I want to have a 6 or 700 sq. ft. building that just sits there empty.

I’ve been working in my garage by myself for almost 8 years, and now I want to get in a shop where people come around.

If you want to pay to have it packed and shipped you can have it. There’s more, This is just the biggest one.
    Many thanks for such a kind offer but I was at the Sportsmans Warehouse last night and bought the shell holders that I envisioned making your Delrin into. It would have made excellent material for reloading trays for my 303 British brass, 6.5x55 Swedish brass, 7.5x55 Swiss brass and 223 brass. I hope someone else snaps it up to take it off your hands. I'm afraid I've spent the money to pay any postage. Thanks again.

MetalShavings

I'll PM you about the Delrin.

I like the idea of the shop on the property but I’m almost 75 years old and I thought what do I do with the shop when I get ready to hang it up. I don’t think I want to have a 6 or 700 sq. ft. building that just sits there empty.

I’ve been working in my garage by myself for almost 8 years, and now I want to get in a shop where people come around.
    I understand. I'm 70 so getting up there also. The difference is that I keep buying more stuff and I don't have any room left in a 1200 sq/ft shop. But my son works with me or maybe I should say I kinda work for him, and we just hired a young lad of 19.

I'm sure you can find a suitable building somewhere in the area. To get a place that small you might have to share shop space with someone, most commercial type shop spaces start out at least 1000 sq/ft, at least the ones I can find with a quick search. My youngest son has talked about renting out a large bay in his auto shop, so you might be able to find something like that.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Delrin is spoken for. It will be gone tomorrow afternoon.

Suggestion: make sure it has 3-phase power. I could not live without.

Cheers
    Roger

We bought a house last Sunday in Vancouver Washington.

We bought a house last Sunday in Vancouver Washington.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Pacific Northwest :cheers:
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Congratulations! Welcome to the Pacific Northwest :cheers:
    Well, I flew up to meet with the inspector yesterday and there’s just too much wrong with the house. It’s gonna take about $200K to make it livable, then I’d have a $600K house in a $400K neighborhood.

Well, I flew up to meet with the inspector yesterday and there’s just too much wrong with the house. It’s gonna take about $200K to make it livable, then I’d have a $600K house in a $400K neighborhood.
    Well that just sucks.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Page 1 of 2 12