585,727 active members*
4,046 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question New Dyna Plasma/Router User

Hey everyone out there, I'm a new guy on the block as far as the CNC Plasma / router table world goes and looking very much forward to getting up and running. So take it easy on me,I stumble but I pick my self back up. I have fifteen tears of CNC expieience with Featurecam and a Bridgeport V2XT.
    So I'm kind of in the loop sort of speak. I have just acquired a 4X4 table from Dyna and I'm just starting to become familar with all the software, mach 3, bobcad, sheetcam and soon to acguire coreldraw. Dyna has been trying to upgrade the techsupport end but they are currently understaffed,etc. Right now it seems like having the right post for this machine especilally for plasma is hanging me up. Hopefully Dyna's tech support guy can get me in line with that. Anyways looking forward to the jibber jabber and hope to get some company along the way.Especially some insight on mach 3, I see the manual is 157 pages alone. Gets lonely here in Alaska when your the only one in shouting distance trying to figure it all out.
    Best Regards,

If you don't get the post today, just join my CandCNCSupport Forum on Yahoo and look in the files section under MP1000 Support Files and there are three plasma posts there. The simple MP1000-THC post is what you need.

Only thing you will have to change (in the post) is the Switchoffset = XX value where XX will be your value for your table.

To determine that value just e-mail me and I'll explain

Since the THC is our design the post is usable on their table.

tomCAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com
    BOB's
    Digital THC
    Complete Electronic Packages
    Stepper & Servo Systems
    Hand Controllers

So you have a DynaCNC product? What exactly did you get? What do you think so far? We have a couople different units at work(slope) and it's given me the bug. I'm lookin to get a machine soon for the house. Leanin real hard towards a DynaCNC rig. I'm gettin pretty handy with the hardware and programming, LOADS of Fun!
    Thanks,
    Lance
    Kenai, AK

Hey everyone, I just purchased a 4x8 foot dyna cnc router with servos and a columbo spindle, the only catch is I am going to be running it with a WINDOWS VISTA OS, neither the Dyna people or MACH3 (artsoft) are sure how things are going to pan out, so I guess I am going to be a bit of a beta tester.... I will let you all know how things work out!

-Levi-
    CMIW, LLC.

FYI - just an update. Went with XP Operating System, I purchased the Dyna CNC back in 2007. Since then I have had to re-index a few times because the limit switches (and mach3) tend to get wacked out from time to time (area of travel is infinite for instance, and the machine will crash with rapid movements (think G00 or G28) because the work area shows up as infinite instead of the actual work area...). I haven't figured what has happened, perhaps saving a profile when exiting the MACH3 program? I have been trouble free for about 2 months at this point in time (in other words, the first couple years had issues off and on), last time I did a thorough job in all aspects - but I haven't run any new programs either... I write all programs, after a while manually writing gcode isn't that bad, but I have had too many issues with CAM software (and I am too cheap to buy mastercam just yet)... I am ready to upgrade to a HAAS or FADAL, right now seems like a good time to pickup a used machine (because of the poor economy) but things are tight with us too... Anyways, I think dyna went out of business, their website is gone and I know things were tough back in '07, probably worse now with our AWESOME ECONOMY (ok, it wasn't funny) - I am guessing?!? Anyone else have a Dyna CNC out there?

PS, I read a couple of other posts, not sure if DynaCNC is still in business, does anyone know for sure?

Yes they are out of business. But if someone needs a dyna4000 controller I happen to have one I am not using.

Quote Originally Posted by lowpull View Post
    Yes they are out of business. But if someone needs a dyna4000 controller I happen to have one I am not using.
    interested in this - what are you looking to get for it?
    KTM abuser

500 plus shipping. It has the updated programing in the hand control, but I haven't hooked it back up so it could dump it to the main controller. Didn't see tearing down my working setup just to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by lowpull View Post
    500 plus shipping. It has the updated programing in the hand control, but I haven't hooked it back up so it could dump it to the main controller. Didn't see tearing down my working setup just to do that.
    pm sent-matt
    KTM abuser