584,865 active members*
4,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any one use a Dynomotion controller?

Dennis

I just ordered one to use on my DIY bridge mill. Once I get it up and running, I'll post a more complete review.

Cool!! Don't forgot!! Like most do.
    I think its a super deal for the money. Are going to run small enough motors to use the on board drives or are you getting the SnapAmp?
    Dennis

Dynomotion

Hello,
    I was just wondering if you received the dynomotion board yet? Are you going to run servos or steppers?
    Cutmore

I got the board and it looks very cool, but I've been busy and havent had much time to spend with it. I will be running MCG brushed servos with 1500 line encoders, so I got 2 snapamps along with the controller board. I also just got my transformers so I should be ready to start hooking everything up. Once I have things ready to test I'll post again w/ pics.

Any updates on the project?
    Dennis

I am near completion of a 6x12 router using a KFLOP and snap amps,
    this machine has dual AC servos on X,and AC servo on Y, 3 independant Z axis with steppers.
    it has taken a lot of input from Tom at Dynomotion but I finally got my brain around it all.
    I was going to use the Mach3 plugin,but have decided to go with the free KmotionCNC
    software he includes.
    I now have an 800 # gantry doing rapids of 20in sec, with a net resolution of about .0001.
    via the C program abilities I can switch from one Z axis to another with a mouseclick OR via a custom Mcode.
    the script automatically does the neccesary tool offset for each Z and remaps the IO bit for turning the same spindle on /off with M3/M5..this means ANY file I run needs only one line edited ,no more search-replace Z with A,or W . {way cool} then enter cutter comp for the appropriate tool. voila ready to cut..
    next will be a wireles pendant !
    I have a long way to go in learning to write C scripts but anyone who already knows it can do magic with this
    setup.!
    Carl