584,829 active members*
5,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laser machine disconnects continuously from pc

Hello Everyone,

I bought a chinese 50w laser engraver and cutter 3 months back. It got corel laser and laserdrw softwares. corellaser didnt work and I was working with laser draw software. It worked fine before but now while engraving the machine is disconnecting and connecting continuously. Sometimes the machine stops and starts again after 3 seconds. Iam getting the message " Engraving machine is disconnected -

1. If the machine is not powered, Please power on

2. If the machine is offline, reconnect it

3. If prepare to cancel current task, please click [cancel]. Error Id : 0 "

Iam getting this message only when I set high current for cutting acrylic. It gives a laser firing sound and then it stops cutting but the laser nozzle moves around without cutting. Iam setting current regulation 8 (I think it is mA. Iam not sure as Iam new to CNC and laser cutting) while engraving and while cutting 10 and keep the speed 2mm/s. If I go beyond 10, then the machine disconnects.

The information which I found on the machine
    mainboard: 6C6879-LASER-M2

device id: 492B4D1F3D015F57

Could anyone help me solve this issue ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laser machine error message.jpg  

Re: Laser machine disconnects continuously from pc

What brand computer are you using. On my CNC if I try to use a Dell it will do that

Iam using Lenovo I7 Laptop (RAM 12 GB). This disconnectivity problem happens only for past few days. In the beginning it worked well.

to solve this problem? I has the same order?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmartin View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I bought a chinese 50w laser engraver and cutter 3 months back. It got corel laser and laserdrw softwares. corellaser didnt work and I was working with laser draw software. It worked fine before but now while engraving the machine is disconnecting and connecting continuously. Sometimes the machine stops and starts again after 3 seconds. Iam getting the message " Engraving machine is disconnected -

1. If the machine is not powered, Please power on

2. If the machine is offline, reconnect it

3. If prepare to cancel current task, please click [cancel]. Error Id : 0 "

Iam getting this message only when I set high current for cutting acrylic. It gives a laser firing sound and then it stops cutting but the laser nozzle moves around without cutting. Iam setting current regulation 8 (I think it is mA. Iam not sure as Iam new to CNC and laser cutting) while engraving and while cutting 10 and keep the speed 2mm/s. If I go beyond 10, then the machine disconnects.

The information which I found on the machine
    mainboard: 6C6879-LASER-M2

device id: 492B4D1F3D015F57

Could anyone help me solve this issue ?

Same problem ¡¡¡ solution???

The design downloads to the machine and its memory. Once that is done you can usually disconnect the USB cable and run everything from the machine keypad without your computer. Just guessing as it only happens on full power to the tube you have power supply issues. On my Chinese machine I had loose connections and had to check and re-tighten,

Did you contact the people you purchased from?
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

the problem is caused by the main board, the current will affect its stability while working.

Hello.the same problem i have with my china Laser.I don`t think even is mother board problem.i tested it with new motherboard and usb dongle from new machine not works.
    I checked all wires with multimeter and all of them are fine.Motors move when i power the laser.
    The corel laser driver always say engraving laser is disconnected
    Hope here i will find a fix

Hello

any update on this issue ?

problem on mine seems to happen when I load more complex files like engraving and cutting if job is simple and quick usually it does not happen

When job finishes and I try to upload next one its disconnected from pc, only unplugging plugging cable solves the problem

I've replaced controller with a new one and usb port and problem remains

Bought on\off usb switches twice one arduino, another one data transfer switch but they do nothing can someone recommend a usb switch that actually cuts the connection between the computer and the machine ?

For reference these were the switches I ordered

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-0-USB-C...72.m2749.l2649