584,861 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Huanyang GT-5R5G-2 VFD control spindle on/off & Fwd/Rev Mach4

Huanyang GT-5R5G-2 VFD control spindle on/off & Fwd/Rev Mach4

I recently was forced to upgrade my spindle which caused me to upgrade my Huanyang VFD(HY04D023B) to the Huanyang GT-5R5G-2. I am currently running Mach4 as my CNC controlling software.

I currently have the new VFD (GT-5R5G-2)directly controlling the spindle 100% with no problems from the keypad on the VFD. I am running into issues with getting MACH4 to communicate with the new VFD. I can't get Mach4 to turn spindle on/off. Does someone have the settings in mach4 for this newer VFD drive? Possibly the wiring diagram for which terminals the on/off & Fwd/Rev should be hooked to?

Currently not getting any indication from MACH4 that there is a fault. I believe there is a setting I maybe missing on the drive or one that I may have wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Re: Huanyang GT-5R5G-2 VFD control spindle on/off & Fwd/Rev Mach4

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Huanyang GT-5R5G-2 VFD control spindle on/off & Fwd/Rev Mach4

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezl78 View Post
    I recently was forced to upgrade my spindle which caused me to upgrade my Huanyang VFD(HY04D023B) to the Huanyang GT-5R5G-2. I am currently running Mach4 as my CNC controlling software.

I currently have the new VFD (GT-5R5G-2)directly controlling the spindle 100% with no problems from the keypad on the VFD. I am running into issues with getting MACH4 to communicate with the new VFD. I can't get Mach4 to turn spindle on/off. Does someone have the settings in mach4 for this newer VFD drive? Possibly the wiring diagram for which terminals the on/off & Fwd/Rev should be hooked to?

Currently not getting any indication from MACH4 that there is a fault. I believe there is a setting I maybe missing on the drive or one that I may have wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

You can wire direct to S1 and com from you Breakout board outputs voltage range 9v to 30v you have to set the correct Parameter also for remote control, this can be also done with a Relay as well

Modbus is good if you can set it up
    Mactec54