584,888 active members*
3,928 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Return policy

Just received my Benchtop Pro 2436 a couple of days ago. Does anyone know what the return policy is at CNC Router Parts? I feel like an idiot for not asking prior to purchase but I guess I never thought I'd need it. It's nowhere to be found on their website either.

Re: Return policy

I've never heard of anyone returning one.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

For anyone who might read this and been curious:

I had some issues with one of the pre-assembled axes on this machine during assembly. It would bind up at the extreme rear of its travel to the point that it was literally unmovable. I'd been waiting for this kit for six weeks and after paying the price for it and waiting that long, receiving a defective piece put me over the edge. I was furious when I made this post I'll admit.

I sent an email to CNC Router Parts at the same time, and went about tearing the ballscrew axis down to see if I could find the problem.

The issue turned out to be an assembly problem on their end, but I was able to get it fixed several hours later. The axis now moves identically to the others. While I haven't been able to put power to it, from everything I can do to test it, the problem appears to be corrected.

Later that night I got a reply from CNC Router Parts (on a Sunday) to let me know that they would be sending me a new axis assembly the next day. I replied letting them know I had managed to fix it, and today Cory called from their support division.

We talked at length about the problem and what they had done to make sure it didn't happen again, and as far as I'm concerned the issue is solved beyond my expectations.

Bottom line, as Corry said: Mistakes happen to everyone. The thing that matters is how we respond to them. As furious as I was a couple of days ago, I'm now in full support of CNC Router Parts. Service like theirs is hard to find.

And I *still* don't know what their return policy is.

Quote Originally Posted by retrosmith View Post
    I'd been waiting for this kit for six weeks and after paying the price for it and waiting that long, receiving a defective piece put me over the edge.
    I understand this emotion. I've placed my order and my CC was charged in full - I understand this is normal when ordering JIT products. Two weeks have gone by and while I'm still confident in my decision to go with CNCRP, I can't help but think maybe if they weren't comping router tables to nearly every 'Maker/Influencer' on YouTube the rest of us would get our products more promptly.

It's difficult to not be salty for 6 agonizing weeks when half the videos I see with CNCRP products begin with the phrase "Thanks to CNC Router Parts for sending over their PRO4896 kit, electronics and high-power spindle".

Glad you got your problem solved and it's reassuring to hear, once again, that their customer support goes above and beyond. I hope you enjoy your new toy and share what you're doing with it.