584,846 active members*
4,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Price calculations

Hey guys

Inhave searched but not found what i deed.

How do you guys price the works you get. I.e for cuting and also engraving?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Re: Price calculations

Do not know salary for "cuting and also engraving" that is mostly kind of graphic job but as I know salary for metal cutters working on CNC machines is about 500 €/week.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Figure out all the costs of running the machine. Electric, bits, wear and tear, cover for material that might not come out right, etc. then calculate how much you want to charge above your costs to make the profit that you want or is normal in your area by the hour or however you want to charge. Remember, you aren't just an operator so your charge shouldn't be what a person that is hired to run the CNC is. You invested into the machine just like any other business owner and take all the risk as well as have to pay to maintain the machine. A person running a machine in your area might make $15 and hour but the owner of that machine makes more to cover all of the expenses. Time and experience will tell you how long a job will take then it is just doing the math. Regardless if it is engraving or cutting the machine is still running and I would be charging the same per hour because the engraving won't take near as long as the cutting do it should already get a lower job price automatically in the calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by milo30 View Post
    Figure out all the costs of running the machine. Electric, bits, wear and tear, cover for material that might not come out right, etc. then calculate how much you want to charge above your costs to make the profit that you want or is normal in your area by the hour or however you want to charge. Remember, you aren't just an operator so your charge shouldn't be what a person that is hired to run the CNC is. You invested into the machine just like any other business owner and take all the risk as well as have to pay to maintain the machine. A person running a machine in your area might make $15 and hour but the owner of that machine makes more to cover all of the expenses. Time and experience will tell you how long a job will take then it is just doing the math. Regardless if it is engraving or cutting the machine is still running and I would be charging the same per hour because the engraving won't take near as long as the cutting do it should already get a lower job price automatically in the calculation.
    Thanks. Makes sense. I guess we dont always think of costing as "the owner' and having all the hidden expenses as well!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk