584,858 active members*
4,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

National para

Hi everybody. Can the Macro variable be used for input or output parameters in optional para of Okuma lathe as shown below? Thanks for the help.

Re: National para

hy duongcave, so far, i have not found system variables that target word, long word, and bit values ....

also, i don't belive that these exists

please, what do you wish to achieve ? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy duongcave, so far, i have not found system variables that target word, long word, and bit values ....

also, i don't belive that these exists

please, what do you wish to achieve ? kindly
    Hi deadlykitten

I want to use the CYCLE TIME CHECK OVER feature, but the operator intentionally fixes the time in the parameter to make it bad. If I can use the program to input the time settings, it will solve my problem.

hi, so far i have never used 'cycle time check over (= ctco)', but this does not mean that i don't check program's durations ...

so, in this conditions :
    ... i can't help you with 'ctco' aspects, unless you show me how this works, and what data is being edited by your operator; even so, i don't guarantee that there is a system variable asociated with this stuff but, even if there no system vara, maybe there is another way
    ... what osp are you using ? if you wish, i can help you by sharing some methods that i use :
    ....... g-code based methods : they work nice as long as no one messes with the code, or with the output file
    ....... non-g code based, but os based, background services ... such method i develop for checking series without inputing downtime inside the controller during execution; it works, but requires a certain arhitecture inside the g-code program

other methods :
    ... checking the mac-man ( far as i know mac-man can't be edited ) : cheap
    ... using usage charts software ( oem, or 3rd party ) : expensive

i can deliver custom methods and charts; whatever you wish my programs are not intended to check operators behaviour, but to boost production, considering that operator has a minimal qualification and no bad intentions; i am not a cop

the operator intentionally fixes the time in the parameter to make it bad
    why your operator messes with those values ? are you sure that he is doing that ? kindly

are you looking to find out how long the cycle has been over for a single cycle or are you trying to find out how long the machine has been idling (%run /power on )?
    macman can give the general times for the day (% of the day in production vrs the power on time )

if the operator is messing with the figures that you are looking for and you have told him not mess with it. IT'S TIME FOR A NEW OPERATOR

there is a key that can be turned on a OSP200m(mill) that will limit what the operator can manipulate not sure about the lathes but should be the same

Quote Originally Posted by rcs60 View Post
    are you looking to find out how long the cycle has been over for a single cycle or are you trying to find out how long the machine has been idling (%run /power on )?
    macman can give the general times for the day (% of the day in production vrs the power on time )

if the operator is messing with the figures that you are looking for and you have told him not mess with it. IT'S TIME FOR A NEW OPERATOR

there is a key that can be turned on a OSP200m(mill) that will limit what the operator can manipulate not sure about the lathes but should be the same
    MacMAN ( if I remember ) can also display what key presses have occurred & at what time.... more evidence if an operator is doing "shifty" business.

You should be able to use the VTIME variable to check the time and then re-check it to compare at the end of the program. It may be easier to use the VDIN[1001] timer for seconds count up from power on.

V!=VDIN[1001]
    ~program code~
    V2=VDIN[1001]
    V3=V2-V1
    IF[V3 LE 123]NRUN
    NALM VUACM[1]='CYCLE TOO LONG'
    VDOUT[993]=1
    M00
    NRUN
    M2

In this example counter is checked at the beginning and set in V1
    It is checked again at the end of the program and set in V2
    Calulation is performed and V3 is set with time in seconds.
    If time is less than 123 seconds it will continue to run.
    If time is more than 123 seconds an alarm will occur.

Older machines didn't have cycle check over so this is how we used to keep the operators from taking too long to make a part. Of course you can add a check to make sure they aren't making them too fast as well.

My favorite is to check all the switches to make sure they are in the correct position for running. Let me know if you want that code or else search in here for my post on it.

If they mess with the program, it's always possible to lock it from editing.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    You should be able to use the VTIME variable to check the time and then re-check it to compare at the end of the program. It may be easier to use the VDIN[1001] timer for seconds count up from power on.

V!=VDIN[1001]
    ~program code~
    V2=VDIN[1001]
    V3=V2-V1
    IF[V3 LE 123]NRUN
    NALM VUACM[1]='CYCLE TOO LONG'
    VDOUT[993]=1
    M00
    NRUN
    M2

In this example counter is checked at the beginning and set in V1
    It is checked again at the end of the program and set in V2
    Calulation is performed and V3 is set with time in seconds.
    If time is less than 123 seconds it will continue to run.
    If time is more than 123 seconds an alarm will occur.

Older machines didn't have cycle check over so this is how we used to keep the operators from taking too long to make a part. Of course you can add a check to make sure they aren't making them too fast as well.

My favorite is to check all the switches to make sure they are in the correct position for running. Let me know if you want that code or else search in here for my post on it.

If they mess with the program, it's always possible to lock it from editing.

Best regards,
    Thank you OkumaWiz
    First time, I also created a program like yours, it works quite well. However they deliberately correct the standard time, it becomes meaningless. I also lock the program but unlocking on OKUMA is too simple. This is really a fight with me.

1001 cannot be edited or changed except by power off.

Maybe take away edit keys? Maybe try level 2 protection-Same as system files?

Best regards ,

Maybe try level 2 protection-Same as system files?

Best regards ,
    I do not really understand. Can you say more about this

1001 cannot be edited or changed except by power off.

Maybe take away edit keys? Maybe try level 2 protection-Same as system files?
    nice tips mr wizard, i am also intersted in those; please, will you develop ?

also, do you know a method that hides the code, making it impossible to be seen ? kindly

On older controls DIR;P would show level protection of files. System files and MSB files would have level 2 protection and normal unprotect would not work on them. A special procedure was used to unlock them. Can you display protection on your control? Which model?

I assume you’ve tried the edit lock key? Maybe your best bet would be to change the edit lock key to a new one that only you have?

I have discovered invisible code on SIEMENS control but not Okuma. Anybody else discovered on Okuma?

Best regards,

On older controls DIR;P would show level protection of files. System files and MSB files would have level 2 protection and normal unprotect would not work on them. A special procedure was used to unlock them. Can you display protection on your control? Which model?

I assume you’ve tried the edit lock key? Maybe your best bet would be to change the edit lock key to a new one that only you have?

I have discovered invisible code on SIEMENS control but not Okuma. Anybody else discovered on Okuma?

Best regards,
    Hi.
    OSP control runs on Windows so I can lock OSP programs like any other normal file. The OSP control will only read but cannot edit the programs that I have locked on Windows. However, this is not the way I pursue.

Have you considered giving each user a login and restricting access based on user?

hy doungcave

... there are 2 apps, default available, like shown in attached image... play with them, maybe they deliver what you want
    ... there is the api app : https://www.myokuma.com/gotime
    ... like mr wizars said, try the edit lock key
    * so far, i never tried these methods

the custom background service that i use, requires the cnc to always be in automatic mode screen (or another specific screen; in other words, when an offset is being changed, or a parameter is being edited, this method won't work, but will re-start automatically when the target screen is re-displayed ); to make it work, regardless of display status, then g-code is required, so, again, you need to protect the code from being edited ... or wait a while, until i will develop a method that does what you want, but my 2do list is long ... kindly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

i have another idea : if you can't prevent the operator from changing times, maybe you can proof that he is doing this

looking at post 7, means that you have used a code similar to what mr wizard shared

so, let's edit a bit that code, in order to replace '123' with V100 common variable :

Code:

NOEX V1 = VDIN [ 100* ]

// program code

NOEX V1 = VDIN [ 100* ] - V1

IF [ V1 LE V100 ] NJUMP

VUACM [   1 ] = 'CYCLE TOO LONG'
             VDOUT [ 993 ] = 1
             M0

NJUMP NOEX

M02
    put your target time inside V100, and log the V100 value at each cycle, and store the log file at a specific path, as you wish : when the log will show a value <> initial value, it means that someone changed the V100

another method would be to leave the program as it is, and regulary check the os modification time; if the program was edited, thus if the timestamp changes, means that someone has messes with it ... but it may be only in order to change cutting specs, or a Z coordinate

another method involves using a reference template, especially for the paragraph that handles time / duration; if the paragraph inside the main program <> template paragraph, it means that someone edited the "time zone", but it may be only an indentation or layout, and not a functional change

to handle this last case, you need a code interpretor that can check if a change was functional or not ...

i can do all this things listed, so far, in this post

last method, is to write g-code like i do : no-one dares changing it; my timestamp soubroutine is integrated within some custom ctr turret indexing codes / kindly

i have another idea : if you can't prevent the operator from changing times, maybe you can proof that he is doing this

looking at post 7, means that you have used a code similar to what mr wizard shared

so, let's edit a bit that code, in order to replace '123' with V100 common variable :

Code:

NOEX V1 = VDIN [ 100* ]

// program code

NOEX V1 = VDIN [ 100* ] - V1

IF [ V1 LE V100 ] NJUMP

VUACM [   1 ] = 'CYCLE TOO LONG'
             VDOUT [ 993 ] = 1
             M0

NJUMP NOEX

M02
    put your target time inside V100, and log the V100 value at each cycle, and store the log file at a specific path, as you wish : when the log will show a value <> initial value, it means that someone changed the V100

another method would be to leave the program as it is, and regulary check the os modification time; if the program was edited, thus if the timestamp changes, means that someone has messes with it ... but it may be only in order to change cutting specs, or a Z coordinate

another method involves using a reference template, especially for the paragraph that handles time / duration; if the paragraph inside the main program <> template paragraph, it means that someone edited the "time zone", but it may be only an indentation or layout, and not a functional change

to handle this last case, you need a code interpretor that can check if a change was functional or not ...

i can do all this things listed, so far, in this post
    I can't handle him, I can only smile wryly.

last method, is to write g-code like i do : no-one dares changing it; my timestamp soubroutine is integrated within some custom ctr turret indexing codes / kindly
    I am not sure, but is it dangerous to do so. Further I did not find G, M CODE MACRO in the parameter. Maybe we didn't buy it.

hy doungcave

... there are 2 apps, default available, like shown in attached image... play with them, maybe they deliver what you want
    ... there is the api app : https://www.myokuma.com/gotime
    ... like mr wizars said, try the edit lock key
    * so far, i never tried these methods

the custom background service that i use, requires the cnc to always be in automatic mode screen (or another specific screen; in other words, when an offset is being changed, or a parameter is being edited, this method won't work, but will re-start automatically when the target screen is re-displayed ); to make it work, regardless of display status, then g-code is required, so, again, you need to protect the code from being edited ... or wait a while, until i will develop a method that does what you want, but my 2do list is long ... kindly
    I tried installing but something related to API does not exist. Makes the device unable to Open the application after installation.

I can't handle him, I can only smile wryly
    :argue:

I am not sure, but is it dangerous to do so. Further I did not find G, M CODE MACRO in the parameter. Maybe we didn't buy it
    is not dangerous, but is also not common

i am not using macros, thus i don't assign a custom G / M code to any soubroutine ... also, osp allows using soubroutines names up to 16chars, and this increases code legibility beyond using macros

i am not saying that you should not use macros ....

I tried installing but something related to API does not exist. Makes the device unable to Open the application after installation.
    you need to install api library; once installed, you should see an icon like in attached image; even so, i don't guarantee that those applications are doing what you need, or that they are not able to be ' modified / altered ' so to be ruined

try the edit lock key ... is on the panel / kindly

Page 1 of 2 12