584,802 active members*
4,988 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang spindle vs Zhong Hua Jiang spindle

Huanyang spindle vs Zhong Hua Jiang spindle

Hi guys, looking at amazon I see both of the brand mentioned above.
    for a 110v 2.2KW spindle, is one better than the other? - better brand and quality etc?
    I noticed many people have the HY VFDs - they seem popular.

Thank you

Re: Huanyang spindle vs Zhong Hua Jiang spindle

I would not buy a 110V 2.2kw spindle.
    The 220V version are much better.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

But I don't have 220v in this room =(

110V is not enough to run a 2.2Kw spindle.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    110V is not enough to run a 2.2Kw spindle.
    Hi Ger, I really appreciate and respect your your input. Can you elaborate on what you said above?
    There are 110V 2.2KW spindles out there, why would they not output the power?
    Maybe if I try to run a 220V 2.2KW spindle with a 110V VFD is that you mean?

Again, not challenging you - I am asking the questions to learn and so that the next guy can also learn from my experience.
    Thank you

A 2.2Kw VFD will typically draw 20-25 amps.
    To provide the same power at 110V, it would need to draw 40-50 amps.
    Most 120V circuits are only 15-20 amps.

The Chinese are just trying to sell spindles. There's a reason that no other companies make 110V VFD's for 2.2Kw spindles.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    A 2.2Kw VFD will typically draw 20-25 amps.
    To provide the same power at 110V, it would need to draw 40-50 amps.
    Most 120V circuits are only 15-20 amps.

The Chinese are just trying to sell spindles. There's a reason that no other companies make 110V VFD's for 2.2Kw spindles.
    Oh wow.. so I am better off just getting a 1.xkw spindle if I only have 110v at at my disposal. Save some money and weigh.

I hate feeling lied to... so then that 2.2kw will not be powerful and wont offer any benefit, i guess at least it jas 4 bearing so it should it a little more rigid.

Ger21, so will the spindle not run at 24k rpm at 400hz under load if I want to cut acrylics or wood? / what about aluminum at 10k?

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCNC1 View Post
    Hi Ger, I really appreciate and respect your your input. Can you elaborate on what you said above?
    There are 110V 2.2KW spindles out there, why would they not output the power?
    Maybe if I try to run a 220V 2.2KW spindle with a 110V VFD is that you mean?

Again, not challenging you - I am asking the questions to learn and so that the next guy can also learn from my experience.
    Thank you
    You can use up to 1.5Kw with 110/120v but 1kw would be a good choice Huanyang is Ok the other band name there seems to be a new one every day I would not go there as it is unknown

The 2.2Kw on 120v is around that of a 1.2Kw and will run poorly you don't have enough current /Amps to drive a 2.2Kw on a standard 120v outlet, the wiring is not up to carrying the Amps needed to drive a 2.2Kw spindle and will perform very poorly on 120v, they are a 3Phase motor and nobody in the world uses or makes a 110v 3 Phase motor the Chinese make these to catch a new user with a pile of junk
    Mactec54

I wonder if I was better off getting a 2.2KW 22V with a power converter (I don't have 220V here).
    can you guys define "poorly". What is going to run poorly, will it stall ? not hold speed..

If you are saying that it is going to run the same at a 1.2KW then I can live with that considering I have more bearings. (4 as opposed to 2 or 3).
    BTW I got the Huanyang. Side to side you can tell there is a big difference in quality and presentation alone. Everything from the casing to the plug were better in terms of fit and finish. So I returned the over brand spindle.

I wonder if I was better off getting a 2.2KW 22V with a power converter (I don't have 220V here).
    can you guys define "poorly". What is going to run poorly, will it stall ? not hold speed..

If you are saying that it is going to run the same at a 1.2KW then I can live with that considering I have more bearings. (4 as opposed to 2 or 3).
    BTW I got the Huanyang. Side to side you can tell there is a big difference in quality and presentation alone. Everything from the casing to the plug were better in terms of fit and finish. So I returned the over brand spindle.
    No 2.2Kw @ 220v with a transformer still needs a lot of current which you don't have from your 120v supply and wiring, yes they stall and the Breaker will drop out, think of a wet noodle

1.5Kw 220v used with a transformer 120v to 220/240v 3000W is the largest you can run on 120v and even then you need a 25A 120v circuit so if you don't have that then there is nothing to talk about
    Mactec54

Watts are watts weither or not its 240 or 120 volts.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Watts are watts weither or not its 240 or 120 volts.
    So what is your point nobody is talking about watts, we are talking about a 110v 3phase spindle we have discussed this before you memory is failing you

Just giving him a choice of what he can run on his 120v supply
    Mactec54

I wanted to come back here @macter54 to revisit the information you shared. As you know I have the 2.2KW spindle but I am going to try to send it back.
    I looked at the breakers that correspond to the room the machine is in at it is a 15A breaker. This room has several outlets running computer etc. This begs to ask the more important question. Should the plug the run the CNC control box and pc and VDF be on their own.

To give you some background info. I am upgrading to a spindle because I wanted more cut accuracy/ better side finish and we able to cut alum. The 2.2KW with its 4 bearings seemed rigid enough for the job.

I wanted to come back here @macter54 to revisit the information you shared. As you know I have the 2.2KW spindle but I am going to try to send it back.
    I looked at the breakers that correspond to the room the machine is in at it is a 15A breaker. This room has several outlets running computer etc. This begs to ask the more important question. Should the plug the run the CNC control box and pc and VDF be on their own

To give you some background info. I am upgrading to a spindle because I wanted more cut accuracy/ better side finish and we able to cut alum. The 2.2KW with its 4 bearings seemed rigid enough for the job.

One supply for your machine yes on it's own is the best choice

The machine should run from the same supply source or you will have a machine Grounding problem it can be done, but you can only use one Ground which is hard to do from 2 different outlets,a 15A supply and wiring in not going to work for a 2.2Kw 110v /120v supply, 800w spindle will run on a 15A circuit
    Mactec54