585,581 active members*
3,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > JP 1635A Motor driver not driving motor for A-axis in CNC USB Controller.

JP 1635A Motor driver not driving motor for A-axis in CNC USB Controller.

I recently bought a CNC 3040 from amazon. I realized my Y axis had a broken driven that causes my Y-axis to be several MM off from it's intended goal. I ordered a new board to replace my main xyz motors.

However, I am trying to get creative and use my 4th axis as a replacement until I get my new board. I have connected my Y motor to the A axis port. However, it is not driving the motor, but it does apply basic voltage to the motor. I am trying to figure out how to get my A-axis board(JP 1635A) to drive a motor? It has two LEDs that are active(one that is red and another that turns green when my computer is connected to my machine).

I didn't know if anyone had experience with how to get the JP-1635A board to work? I am using the PlanetCNC Software called CNC USB Controller. It works well other than the fact I cannot get my A axis to work when I try to use it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Re: JP 1635A Motor driver not driving motor for A-axis in CNC USB Controller.

Do I understand, the X and Z axis are working, You are using a Planet CNC USB board and the planet software. You have 4 JP1635A motor drivers. and the Y is suspected. and the A is not working.
    With power off, verify that there is no mechanical problem. all axis should move free by hand.
    Before disconnecting or connecting anything, ALWAYS power of and wait at least 15 seconds
    first step: with power off take out the X driver mark it X and put is aside. put the ( marked ) A driver in place of the X ( take care of the switch settings.)
    Power up and verify that X is still working.This way you know if the A driver is fine.( if ok , take it out and put aside )
    Do the same with the Y driver test it in the X position.
    If the drivers are working, put them back in the original places, verify the software settings and all the connections. power up and try again.
    Let us know the results of the testing

Re: JP 1635A Motor driver not driving motor for A-axis in CNC USB Controller.

with your Y axis motor plugged into the A axis outlet and the power switched on
    is the motor locked indicating the JP-1635A single axis stepper driver is powered and enabled ?

when the CNC control was working did you ever jog the A axis motor to prove it worked

John