584,862 active members*
4,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Barr pull and cutoff between spindles

Barr pull and cutoff between spindles

Hey,

A few days ago i came across a big thread with programming examples to make an an subspindle late make a barpull and cutoff between synchroniced spindels. but ffs i cant find it anymore. can someone give me a pointer?

My main problem right now is when i use G22 toque skip command. the part is "detected" at a certain W-position. this W-position can be diffrent from the theroretical position. so the pull amount becomes a variable aswell;

How do i get this trancelated in to code.

Thx

Re: Barr pull and cutoff between spindles

hi, i don't have 2 much time now 2 go into details; pls check this out :
    ... attached pdf about g22, from manuals
    ... post 3 in next link, about cutting between centers : https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma...er-cutoff.html
    ...... also, in that thread you can find particular aspects regarding cutting between centers
    ... post 4 in next link, about explanations how to use g22 : https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma...n-lathe-2.html
    ...... also, in that thread, the posts folowing g22 are about parameters related to this function

pls ask whatever you wish, do you need a certain code example, that does something ? kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Thanks for your info, but i figured out i made it more difficult than it had to be,

Pulling the bar by a certain mount does not become variable, the pickup point may very, but the stop position for the cutoff wil alwayw be at the same absolute location.
    so pulling to lets say up to W=20. stays the same, even if i start from W-10 or W-10.2 or W-9.5.

i made it more difficult than it had to be
    hy ripper, well it's ok as long as it works; if you can make the code simpler, is even better

is good to program at a more complex level, and be capable of reducing complexity to a minimal requirement

is good to start with simpler codes and develop ... just saying

so pulling to lets say up to W=20. stays the same, even if i start from W-10 or W-10.2 or W-9.5
    try to code the pulling sequence, not in absolute G90, but in relative G91; of course, don't forget to restore the G90 after the pulling sequence

pickup point may very
    is good to know what is causing the variation, and also to target a tolerance for the shifting position

variation may be caused by :
    ... a faulty tool face, that does not cut the face always at same point : use a finish tool eg
    ... too much torque and/or too much feed, during the feed skip sequence; this sequence stops the machine, putting a brake on the servo when a target load is reached; if speed before breaking is too high, then breaking point will shift; as a result, your parts lenght will vary, but not because of machining/cutting, but because of cinematics; lower feed, lower torque if u wish, share your program, and i will take a look over it; try 100mm/min, 20-30% torque

there is a problem with pulling operations, regardless of being pulled by the 2nd spindle or the turret : if cinematics are not adjusted, if monitoring is not within responsable limit, you will put, only during the feed skip sequence, a wear inside the axis, that may be equivalent to hundreds/thousands of hours of normal machining

in other words, even if it works, this does not mean that there is not too much strees

some of most nasty crashes occur during spindle transfer & cutting / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Its because i programm in absolute, the sequense is simple,
    Cutoff is preformed at Z0.5 (leaving 0.5mm on the stock face, for the next part)
    So if I pull the bar upto absolute W value, the cutoff will always be at the correct location.

Now i'm diggin into variable's, to get pickup point, pull length and diameter passed on from the main program.

(I'm a fanuc guy for years, nog getting into Okuma OSP language)

Thanks for the help!