585,973 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal VMC8030 with Fanuc 18i extreme chatter on x axis please help

Fadal VMC8030 with Fanuc 18i extreme chatter on x axis please help

Hello everybody, I am working on a Fadal VMC8030, when you move the x axis slowly there is no issue, when you move it slowly and speed up there is no issue however if you move rapidly or you quickly change directions the motor will let out a sound like a table being drug across the floor. It will continue to do this typically until e stop sometimes it will alarm which will either be a 445 or a 410. I have put another motor in, I also ran the x data cable to the y servo and had no issues with y. Both motors turn smooth, as well as the ball screw. I have a feeling it might be out of sync with the scale but I do not know how to disable the scale to check that, I unplugged the scale when I did the display showed x was moving continuing after alarm for over travel but x had not moved at all. When I call fadal their answer is talk to Fanuc, when I call Fanuc their answer is talk to Fadal. I am at a bit of a loss here I am hoping somebody might be able to give me some advice here. Thank you so much in advance!

I should also mention the chatter is with no load on the table simply moving back and forth.

Re: Fadal VMC8030 with Fanuc 18i extreme chatter on x axis please help

I was just messing around with the 8030 again and when it alarmed out this time I got a 448:x axis: unmatched feedback alarm. It seems like the scale is not synced to the x axis encoder, but I am not sure how to verify this or if this is the case get them back in sync.