584,802 active members*
5,088 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EnRoute > Enroute Long programme

Question Enroute Long programme

Hello all, New here and would really appreciate help. I am trying to carve a design in Enroute 6. It is only using 1 bit but has over half a million commands in the code.Is there any way of splitting the file into sections? As it is is a very detailed piece the whole drawing had be selected to apply 3D tool path but now it cant be separated.
    Forgive me if i haven't used the correct terms, I'm relatively new to the CNC world.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Enroute Long programme

Quote Originally Posted by Aido2019 View Post
    Hello all, New here and would really appreciate help. I am trying to carve a design in Enroute 6. It is only using 1 bit but has over half a million commands in the code.Is there any way of splitting the file into sections? As it is is a very detailed piece the whole drawing had be selected to apply 3D tool path but now it cant be separated.
    Forgive me if i haven't used the correct terms, I'm relatively new to the CNC world.
    Thanks in advance.
    Here is a manual way which might work. As you may know G-code is just plain Ascii text code with no formatting except a next line return command. So you can edit the code in Windows notepad. Make sure you don't use a word processor.

Now, I am new to Enroute and so far it seems like it is pretty inflexible software if you try to do something that isn't it's default behavior so this may or not work. But ....

What you need to do is plan a strategy to use three different tools to machine the part. They can be very similar tools but different enough so that Enroute will recognize them as a tool change.

Then of course you need these tools defined in you machine maybe even if your machine only has one tool you can fake Enroute out by defining a tool bank. So then try to make up a strategy that uses three tools. Now when you output the code to a file there should be three different tools used and these are markers that you can search in Notepad to break up the code into sections.

You can search through the code in notepad looking for the T02 tool and the T03 tool or what ever tools were used for the tool changes. Assuming these are the second the third tool. Then you can highlight the code in these sections and cut and paste them into a new file.

So you have taken the main g-code file and broken it up into three files. Then you need to go and look at the first of the program. There are certain lines that have to be in the begining of the program. You will cut and paste these parts into the beginning of each section of code that you made a file for. There is also a line or two of code at the end of the file that needs to be at the end of each file.

So you are essentially making three stand alone g-code programs out of the big main one. Once you got these all set up with the right code at the intro and the end you can go in and change the tool changes to whatever tool you may be using in real life. You might be on a router with only one tool at a time and so all of them would be T01.

Hope this helps.

Re: Enroute Long programme

Hey,
    Thanks for your advice. I figured out a way of dividing the g-code alright and it worked. Thank you