What are everyone's thoughts on using a Pro 48x48 for aluminum? I'm specifically asking about 3d profiling and such, not necessarily for flat sheet goods. I have experience with machining, but am needing larger travels than my Tormach can handle. I've thought about just upgrading the Tormach, but I'd still be dealing with travel limits, especially in the Y axis, and it would also cost quite a bit more to upgrade. Most of the larger components I make are 6061 aluminum, so if the CNCRP could handle that, it would be an ideal machine. I'm very comfortable with Solidworks and Fusion360, I use the CAM package from HSM, and am familiar with feeds and speeds for aluminum. I would use an air blast (possibly with coolant, like a fogbuster). Is the machine rigid enough to cut aluminum parts, not just thing sheet metal?

For the record, my idea is to get the 48x48 pro, use DMM DYN4 AC servos on everything, use UCCNC with ETH300 (or possibly the Centroid Acorn system), and either the CNCRP 2.2KW spindle, or an ATC spindle (not yet decided). I can't really seem to find any good alternatives unless I step up to a much larger (and heavier) Chinese machine, or spend several times more on a commercial machine. I really don't need anything larger than 48x48, so that size is good for me for what I want to do. Thoughts?