I bought a VM10U in 2016. At that point I wasn't ready to program or run it. In 2017 we moved to another facility and in 2018 we finally settup and began to operate the machine. In the process we paid about$40K in upgrades to Hurco direct. Now a 80's Ford Mercury looking VM10U cost about $135,000.

We ran about 400 hours on the machine, bringing hours to about 700. A C axis encoder was destroyed by coolant because a Hurco engineer ****ed up and had a copper sealing washer made too thin. That cost us $4750. Then we had some issues with the brakes allowing table rotation in light finishing cuts and alarming the machine out and ceasing production. Hurco tech support takes messages and calls back 5-10 hours later or never if they don't have knowledge on the issue. Our first call back offered no advise. Our second attempt for support is out for response. Meanwhile American jobs hang on the service of an American company selling Taiwanese machines with Italian rotaries, and possessing apparently zero technical support.

Knowing this, I would buy a Doosan, Mazak, or other 5 axis machine over a Hurco. Hurco doesn't care if you go broke. They build a ****ty machine that doesn't work 100% of the time like a fanuc machine and it's stressful to own a hurco.