584,814 active members*
5,207 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > UCCNC Control Software > Spindle question Control spindle speed via UCCNC

Spindle question Control spindle speed via UCCNC

I am in the process of upgrading to a newer spindle/VFD. One because I couldn't get my current spindle to control spindle speed via UCCNC
    Control software and I would like the option to use 1/2 shank bits.

I am using a C76 - UC300ETH Multifunction Board . These are the two spindles.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooled-Spindl...gateway&sr=8-1

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/33321299747...m=333212997477

Thanks,
    Dave

Re: Spindle question Control spindle speed via UCCNC

What is your actual question?

CNC4PC's C76 web page is messed up, so I can't see the specs or a manual., but I'd assume it would have analog spindle speed control, that should work for either one.

If the VFD's are genuine Huanyang VFD's, then there's a Huanuang plugin that works very well.

The Amazon VFD looks legit, but the Ebay one looks like a knockoff copy.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Dave,
    I saw your ticket in our website. What spindle are you trying to use?
    We are having an issue with the documents in our website, we hope to have it sorted out by Monday.
    Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

Arturo,

Id like to be able to control what ever spinle/VFD that I have. Currently I have a Huanuang 1.5kw spindle/ with a HAF 1.5 kw 13a VFD.

I am considering going to another spindle to get the ability to run a 1/2 shank bit. Could someone comment on the StepperOnline Spindles and VFD.

Iam looking at the STEPPERONLINE CNC VFD 2.2KW 3HP 20A 110V Variable Frequency Drive Motor Interver for Spindle Motor Speed Control or

one on Amazon VFD 110V 2.2KW 3hp Variable Frequency CNC Motor Drive Inverter Converter for Spindle Speed Control/Motor(2.2KW, 110V)
    ?SPECIFICATIONS?
    ?Model:HY02D211B
    ?Control Mode : SPWM
    ?Horsepower: 3HP
    ?Power:2.2 KW (50Hz/60Hz)
    ?Input voltage? 110V 60Hz (1 or 3 phase)
    ?Output voltage?110V (1 or 3 phase)
    ?Output Current: 20A
    ?Suitable Motor :2.2KW
    ?Output frequency: 0.5-400Hz
    ?Input Frequency: 47-63Hz
    ?Communication Control :RS-485
    ?Operation Temperature : -10~40?
    ?Range :0.10~400.00Hz
    ?Vibration :Below 0.5G
    ?Humidity ? 0-95% Relative Humidity ( without dew )
    ?Accuracy igital: 0.01% (-10-4?), Analog: 0.1% (25±10??
    ?Setting Resolution: Digital; 0.01Hz, Analog: 1‰ of Max. Operating Frequency
    ?Output Resolution: 0.01Hz
    ?Analog Setting Method:External Voltage 0-5V,0-10V,4-20mA,0-20mA
    ?Other Functions: Frequency lower limit, starting frequency, stopping frequency three skip trequencies can be respectvely set
    ?5- Digits Display & Status Indicator Lamp isplaying frequency, current, revolution, voltage, counter, temperature, forward or reserve running. and fault, etc.

?GENERAL CONTROL?
    ?Ramp Control: Selectable 4- speed steps ramp -up and -down time (0.1 6500s)
    ?V/F Curve:Set V/F curve at will
    ?Torque Control:Torque increase is setble by max.10.0%. The stating torque can reach 150% at 1.0Hz
    ?Multi-Inputs:6 multi-function input teminal for 8- speed steps control, program operation, switching of 4-speed Ramp. UP, DOWN function, counter, extemal emergency stop and other functions.
    ?MultiOutputs:5 multi-function output teminal for displaying of running, zero speed, counter extermal abnormily, program operation and other information and wamings.
    ?Other Functions :AVR (auto votage regulation, Deceleration stop or free -stop, DC brake, auto reset and restart, frequency track, PLC control, traverse function, drawing control,auot energy-savings, camier adustable by max 20KHz, etc.

?PACKAGE INCLUDED ?
    1*2.2KW Variable Frequency Drive Inverter
    1*English Manual

You mentioned, I need a C41S board to control the speed saying this working thru the 6th axis. Could you varify if this will give me the control over the splindle speed.

Thanks,
    DaveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	421316

Dave,
    On the C76 the RJ45 for the 6th axis is shared with the spindle, so if using 6 axes you need to add a C41 board.
    Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

Do not buy a 110V 2.2Kw spindle.
    It's impossible to provide 2.2Kw from 110V.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

HI Gerry,

I more interested in this spindle / StepperOnLine spindle because of the ER 20 option to run 1/2 shank tools.

Could you advise to my post above asking Arturo about the experience with StepperOnLine spindles and products. Also I wonder if I can run this same ER20 spindle with the Amazon VFD 110V 2.2KW 3hp Variable Frequency CNC Motor Drive Inverter Converter for Spindle Speed Control/Motor(2.2KW,110V)

Overall it would help to understand when trying to match up diffent brands of Spindle and VFD , things I need to be aware of to make the work.

Thanks,
    Dave

I don't know anything about the StepperOnline spindles or VFDs.

But just about any VFGD will accept 0-10V speed control.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Quote Originally Posted by sierradays View Post
    HI Gerry,

I more interested in this spindle / StepperOnLine spindle because of the ER 20 option to run 1/2 shank tools.

Could you advise to my post above asking Arturo about the experience with StepperOnLine spindles and products. Also I wonder if I can run this same ER20 spindle with the Amazon VFD 110V 2.2KW 3hp Variable Frequency CNC Motor Drive Inverter Converter for Spindle Speed Control/Motor(2.2KW,110V)

Overall it would help to understand when trying to match up diffent brands of Spindle and VFD , things I need to be aware of to make the work.

Thanks,
    Dave
    You should not even be looking at a 2.2Kw that is 110v they are a dog and won't perform very well
    Mactec54

Spindle question Control spindle speed via UCCNC

I think the VFD will take 110v input

But I’d avoid that whole item on Amazon.
    The specs say it is a water cooled spindle but the photo is an air cooled one.

Generally dodgy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Do not buy a 110V 2.2Kw spindle.
    It's impossible to provide 2.2Kw from 110V.

Impossible i would disagree.. Yes over here in Europe where we at least have descent outlets providing 230-240V standard it is a lot easyer to get the 2,2Kw
    And with an 110V line you will need thicker cables and probably a 30 amp fuse in you main fusebox but impossible No.
    110V*20A=2,200W If those 2200 watts reach your Spindle nose well that is anorther thing.

I personally use the 3Kw square Chinesium Spindle and must say that thing runs like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by hrscharft View Post
    Impossible i would disagree.. Yes over here in Europe where we at least have descent outlets providing 230-240V standard it is a lot easyer to get the 2,2Kw
    And with an 110V line you will need thicker cables and probably a 30 amp fuse in you main fusebox but impossible No.
    110V*20A=2,200W If those 2200 watts reach your Spindle nose well that is anorther thing.

I personally use the 3Kw square Chinesium Spindle and must say that thing runs like a charm.
    You obvious don't know what you are talking about

These Spindles are 3 Phase and a 2.2Kw running on 120V Single Phase perform very poorly on 240v Single Phase they perform quite well, this is depending on the VFD Drive also

Your calculation is not even close to being correct, you have to look at the VFD Drive requirements, the VFD drive requires a lot more input current than the output if you have a 240v spindle and a 240v VFD Drive you need a minimum of 25a supply if you have only a 110v /120v supply it goes up by 1/3 more

And for your information NA has a 240v supply just like you have the 120v supply is just half of the 240v it's called Split Phase
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You obvious don't know what you are talking about

These Spindles are 3 Phase and a 2.2Kw running on 120V Single Phase perform very poorly on 240v Single Phase they perform quite well, this is depending on the VFD Drive also

Your calculation is not even close to being correct, you have to look at the VFD Drive requirements, the VFD drive requires a lot more input current than the output if you have a 240v spindle and a 240v VFD Drive you need a minimum of 25a supply if you have only a 110v /120v supply it goes up by 1/3 more

And for your information NA has a 240v supply just like you have the 120v supply is just half of the 240v it's called Split Phase

Just thought about what you said a bit and well...

First in my opinion the powerrating on those chinese spindles is the power they take from the wall and not the power they deliver... Might not be true but if you look at it like that and knowing the chinese are pretty loose when it comes to powerrating their stuff and what not. Well that could explain the poor performance of the 2,2Kw @110V.
    For the fuse lets say times 20 amps * 1,73 (sq root 3) = about 35 amps. hmmm yeah that is a lot of amps @ 110 volts and indeed you might be better of doubling or even trippling your Voltage.

Lucky me i have 390V here in the garage (230v 3 times 16 amps)

Quote Originally Posted by sierradays View Post
    HI Gerry,

Thanks,
    Dave
    Take a look at ugracnc.com, I have had very good experience with their products. They have air and water cooled spindles and multiple VFD's. I run Hitachi VFD and 2.2kw ER20 air cooled spindle. The vfd accepts 0-10vdc for speed control.