585,712 active members*
4,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller SETUP INFO

Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller SETUP INFO

THIS will be a thread setup to share info and files that may be helpful to those that are fixing/correcting/diagnosing their SYNTEC controlled machines.

Re: Taiwan - SYNTEC - 6MB or 6MA - Controller SETUP INFO

For Starters. While SYNTEC is an industrial Controller manufacturer.. The controllers are meant to be used by DIY users.. and it is not meant to be easy to set up.

It was set up a long time ago.. and continues to evolve, and has to work with old/pre-existing architectures/logics/etc... and build upon that while moving into the future.

Any answers provided here.. will most likely lead to multiple more questions.

This is why Syntec Engineering and Support doesn't seem to respond... because they will only support contracted manufacturers... in a limited way.

For this reason, I am considering offering one or two hour PAID support sessions.

!!! Setting up a CNC machine controller can be equivalent to trying to create a computer operating system. !!!

!!! MACH 3 is a piece of cake compared to SYNTEC. !!!

You will most likely be able to take a working machine with flaws and correct it..

The discussions and questions will NEVER be exhausted, and only so much can be accomplished in one hour or eight.

For those that are looking for some CLUES and Answers that will get them over some hurdles, I can be helpful.

There are multiple "layers" to SYNTEC 6MB and 6MA

"HARD-CODE" there is some basic coding/operating structures similar to a computer MotherBoard and BIOS

"parameters" are mostly Hard Coded data entry points to help machine setup with things like motor gearing rations, hardware, limits, etc..

"Macros" are mini programs used very often by things such as "Tool Change" procedures, or "Tool Measuring" procedures...
    but other kinds of subroutines can be designed.

"PLC-Lader" is a way of making each machine individually unique.. and is a way of taking Physical inputs/outputs/hardware.. and building in proper function/safety combinations, and using SYNTEC to safely interact with the physical machine world.

Some Parts of the Controller are HARD CODED.. Some parts are meant for setting up each individual machine, and Some parts are for the End-User.

If you can get to the sections of the Diagnostic Screen you will find things such as:

I-Bits : these are various physical / virtual inputs

O-Bits: have mostly to do with physical / virtual outputs

S-Bits: "Status" bits are "flags" related to certain modes/status the machine is in.. for example: "S016 = X-axis homed OK"

C-Bits: "Commands" bits are "flags" relating to "desired" commands or actions the controller is looking to do.. For example: C001 = Feed Hold... while GCODE is being run in AUTO mode... you are trying to ask the Controller to Pause the machine actions.

A-Bits: "Auxiliary" bits are used inside the "PLC Ladder" to help with orchistrating the logis and actions of the PLC ladder system.

R-Bits: "Registry" bits are used mostly to store or retrieve date/values that are store in a data-bank. Like safety deposit boxes in a bank.

BE ADVISED:

To really get into working on these SYNTEC controllers there are 2 major challenges, and this is why I see so many machines not set up correctly, or people receive machines from China with problems.

Putting the nuts and bolts and cables together in the physical world is one challenge, in the physical world.
    Putting the electronics and programming together is in the virtual electronics world.. and is not easy to see..
    This is the part that can take a huge amount of time.. while not much physical evidence can be shown..

Challenge # 1: Macros, Ladders, etc.. require basically learning multiple program languages.. think about how easy it will be for you to learn Spanish and Polish or Russian, for example.

Challenge # 2: Most controllers have been set up without accompanying documentation, or comments as to what the previous author was setting up and how they structured their logic. this makes changes that much more challenging.

For this reason, even the Factory Syntec Engineers are not able to help much... very quickly.. and are unresponsive.

YOU have to be able to Reverse Engineer the setup to some extent before you modify anything.

A simple example:
    Lets say input "I015" is the input for your "Tool Release" Button on the front of your HSD ATC Spindle... This may be unique to your machine's setup.. .
    What happens next.. and what outputs and logics are tied to that "request" and what other safety-checks have to be in place to execute that action safely.. is all unique...
    So if "O006" is what actuates the output for the tool release pneumatic valve.. that is unique to your machine.

You cannot simply tie other actions to the input or output.. or change the input or output.. And not possibly mess up other actions/features/outputs/safeties by accident.

if there are OTHER experienced SYNTEC Operators,
    Please feel free to share your expertise.

Hi everyone, I need help with my CNC.
    Suddenly he started to give me an alarm (Xaxis Firts 17 positive software limit movement exceeds)
    every time I want to change the tool or in MDI, moving the machine with G codes throws that alarm at me, someone can help me, I would really appreciate it!

A simple example:
    Lets say input "I015" is the input for your "Tool Release" Button on the front of your HSD ATC Spindle... This may be unique to your machine's setup.. .
    What happens next.. and what outputs and logics are tied to that "request" and what other safety-checks have to be in place to execute that action safely.. is all unique...
    So if "O006" is what actuates the output for the tool release pneumatic valve.. that is unique to your machine.

That what I am trying to find, How inputs/outputs are be set in Syntec system.
    I backup the old system, couldn't understand clearly which find or folder are responce about that
    Is there is some program to connect to PC to do this job?

Hi everyone!
    If anybody manage machine with 4 Yaskawa Servos, connected to Syntec 6MA, please, give me any information (photos, drawings,sceme) of Y-axes cable which connect two (Y1 and Y2) servos with one Y port on 6MA.
    Previous owner of my machine have just lost it, so I am in a big trouble to make machine working.

For all syntec related help, pls contact me at [email protected]