584,849 active members*
4,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Automatic Toolpathing

Automatic Toolpathing

I was just looking at the Mastercam website. While I am using another cam software now I will probably have another job in the future and maybe using Mastercam.

My question is on Automatic Toolpathing for X2 is this something that requires visual basic? Or is it as simple as just saving a operation as a template and applying toward selected geometry?

Mastercam has cool avi's but I did not see one on this subject.

Thanks in advance

I'm thinking you are talking about saving toolpath and recalling the toolpath back and using it on a new part,tools and settings. There is a operations library you can save these toolpaths to and recall and apply to new geometry, works as automatisc as that. there is a solid drill option will apply toolpath wih a little help from the programmer as well.
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

APT is at this time used with 2d type cuts and requires a little setting up.
    This can be used with a solid model or a 2d DWG file or a MasterCam file that say has been broken up by levels.

You have preset certain types of paths and info for this system to look for and it associates features with paths and creates ops for this feature to help automate the system. Big in the wood industry for paneling persay.

Just a little info on this.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .