584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Seeking info on proper settings for a YL620-A VFD

Seeking info on proper settings for a YL620-A VFD

Hi all, I've been beating the internet brush for the proper settings for a yl620-a vfd for the last month and haven't had any proper luck.
    I bought a machine/spindle combo and while advertised that it came with a Hy VFD, it instead came with a YL620-A vfd and the Hy instruction manual, which doesn't have the correct settings.
    So - does anyone have the YL VFD, hooked to 110v, running an air cooled 1.5kw spindle, and if so - could you *please* post the settings you used to get it going?
    I'm getting desperate here, I've got a palm router hooked to my machine right now and it's making horrendous cuts.
    I've asked on CNC zone and while I've had some help to get it turning it isn't going anywhere close to where I've seen elsewhere on YouTube.
    Mine's turning about 6 or 7 thousand rpm max, where I've seen others winding up like hey engines.
    I don't want to burn this thing out because it's overheating.
    Thanks for any help

Re: Seeking info on proper settings for a YL620-A VFD

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHelix View Post
    Hi all, I've been beating the internet brush for the proper settings for a yl620-a vfd for the last month and haven't had any proper luck.
    I bought a machine/spindle combo and while advertised that it came with a Hy VFD, it instead came with a YL620-A vfd and the Hy instruction manual, which doesn't have the correct settings.
    So - does anyone have the YL VFD, hooked to 110v, running an air cooled 1.5kw spindle, and if so - could you *please* post the settings you used to get it going?
    I'm getting desperate here, I've got a palm router hooked to my machine right now and it's making horrendous cuts.
    I've asked on CNC zone and while I've had some help to get it turning it isn't going anywhere close to where I've seen elsewhere on YouTube.
    Mine's turning about 6 or 7 thousand rpm max, where I've seen others winding up like hey engines.
    I don't want to burn this thing out because it's overheating.
    Thanks for any help
    I thought that you had it running, if it is only reaching 6,000 then the main Parameters are not set correct 110v spindles are not very good any way, this same VFD others have used the same Parameter settings that I posted and have there spindle running, the VFD Drive is not very well documented which may be part of the problem
    Mactec54