584,830 active members*
5,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas Mini Mill Tool changer clip delay

Haas Mini Mill Tool changer clip delay

I have a Haas Super Mini mill, and the tool changer clip is delaying a bit at the end.

In the process of diagnosing the problem I discovered that it even happens when there is no tool in the spindle.

I did clean the draw bar on the top with some scotch bright, and then cleaned it real well and applied a little of oil, but the delay still happens on about every 2nd or 3rd activating of the clip.

I did discover that I had excessive moisture in my compressor tank ( I've fixed that issue.... but there is a good chance that there was moist air entering into the draw bar system )

I have attached a link to a short video showing a close up of what's happening.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Re: Haas Mini Mill Tool changer clip delay

Quote Originally Posted by kentdesautel13 View Post
    I have a Haas Super Mini mill, and the tool changer clip is delaying a bit at the end.

In the process of diagnosing the problem I discovered that it even happens when there is no tool in the spindle.

I did clean the draw bar on the top with some scotch bright, and then cleaned it real well and applied a little of oil, but the delay still happens on about every 2nd or 3rd activating of the clip.

I did discover that I had excessive moisture in my compressor tank ( I've fixed that issue.... but there is a good chance that there was moist air entering into the draw bar system )

I have attached a link to a short video showing a close up of what's happening.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Looks like the exhaust valve is faulty or the main air cylinder piston is sticking, they are not hard to rebuild all the parts the exhaust valve you most likely have to replace which you can find on line much cheaper than the Haas part
    Mactec54

Thanks for the response...

I took the solenoid valve apart and cleaned it with some mass air flow sensor cleaner spray and it works perfectly now.

I have attached a photo with an arrow pointing at the part I cleaned. ( I'm guessing that is the exhaust valve you mentioned ? )

The process of removing this valve wasn't to complicated.... but if anyone is planning to do this be sure to take plenty of photos to reference valve placement, and also what plugs go where as there are a fair amount of cables that get unplugged in the process of removing this valve assembly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valve.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	421440

Quote Originally Posted by kentdesautel13 View Post
    Thanks for the response...

I took the solenoid valve apart and cleaned it with some mass air flow sensor cleaner spray and it works perfectly now.

I have attached a photo with an arrow pointing at the part I cleaned. ( I'm guessing that is the exhaust valve you mentioned ? )

The process of removing this valve wasn't to complicated.... but if anyone is planning to do this be sure to take plenty of photos to reference valve placement, and also what plugs go where as there are a fair amount of cables that get unplugged in the process of removing this valve assembly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valve.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	421440
    Yes that is the main one, to do, make sure your air is dry or you will have lots of trouble with all the valves
    Mactec54

I was told the spindle warranty would not be covered without a dryer system I have been using the Princess Auto decasent pellets and have recently bought a new 25 CFM DryStream refrigerated air dryer.