584,837 active members*
5,305 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EnRoute > How smart is Enroute at finding the fight tool number for multi tool strategy

How smart is Enroute at finding the fight tool number for multi tool strategy

Hi all, I am new to Enroute and so far am not liking the software very much. Though it has some awesome tools.

This is my question. We have a MultiCAM 1000 with a 9 tool changer. We have the tools defined under the machine settings dialogue box.

But when I programmed a strategy with two different tools from the default tool library it did not seem to assign different tool numbers in the code. Was this because Enroute is not that smart in making a substitute assignment from the tools defined in the machine settings. Or do I need to create a custom tool library that has an exact copy of all of the tools which are in the machine setup tools so that Enroute can properly assign the tool numbers for the strategy.

For a time we had the tools removed from the tool changer but they were still defined in Enroute in the machine tool settings. We were dropping tools due to other problems which we have sinced fixed. Does Enroute talk so much to the controller that it knows when and if the tools are actually in the holders. Assuming the Multicam controller software had the holder defined as not having tools there.

Also, there did not seem, or maybe I missed it, a place to define the tool number in the custom tool library in Enroute.

Re: How smart is Enroute at finding the fight tool number for multi tool strategy

Never used Enroute, but you most likely need to enter the tool numbers in Enroute. Most if not all CAM software works that way.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: How smart is Enroute at finding the fight tool number for multi tool strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Never used Enroute, but you most likely need to enter the tool numbers in Enroute. Most if not all CAM software works that way.
    There does not seem to be a place to do it in the custom tool library. It is only in the machine setup. The other cam software that I have used usually defines the tool number in the tool library. Now that we have the tools back in the tool changer I will be experimenting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezz View Post
    Hi all, I am new to Enroute and so far am not liking the software very much. Though it has some awesome tools.

This is my question. We have a MultiCAM 1000 with a 9 tool changer. We have the tools defined under the machine settings dialogue box.

But when I programmed a strategy with two different tools from the default tool library it did not seem to assign different tool numbers in the code. Was this because Enroute is not that smart in making a substitute assignment from the tools defined in the machine settings. Or do I need to create a custom tool library that has an exact copy of all of the tools which are in the machine setup tools so that Enroute can properly assign the tool numbers for the strategy.

For a time we had the tools removed from the tool changer but they were still defined in Enroute in the machine tool settings. We were dropping tools due to other problems which we have sinced fixed. Does Enroute talk so much to the controller that it knows when and if the tools are actually in the holders. Assuming the Multicam controller software had the holder defined as not having tools there.

Also, there did not seem, or maybe I missed it, a place to define the tool number in the custom tool library in Enroute.
    No, Enroute can not know what tools are in the machine automatically. It can not "talk to the machine" to query what tools are there. You have to manually set what tools are loaded in the tool changer and their positions in the machine setup windows in Enroute.