585,749 active members*
3,682 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How to zero return / home axis meldas 500

Hi, I am all new to cnc machining, but I am trying hard to learn. I have bought a dyna myte 4400M milling machine, with a meldas 500 control. I have figured out how to move the axis with the habdle and how to program with the MDI edit. However i get a P430 AXIS NOT RET error, which seems to be because the machine has not been homed after restart. How do I do this? The control panel has a mode switch which can be set to "zero return", but I have no idea what to do after turning this switch and I cannot find any explanation in the manual. I also have 2 flip switches saying T.L.M and PLAYBACK, can anyone explain what these do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 47EC3D9B-8BCD-4BD4-A547-23FCF1D13489.jpg   8FF33640-132A-437C-B596-1605A33998D2.jpg  

Re: How to zero return / home axis meldas 500

Try setting "Zero Return" mode than Push and hold any XYZ or 4th button, until the Light goes ON...might be the "+" or "-" button...

Re: How to zero return / home axis meldas 500

Quote Originally Posted by diaowee View Post
    Hi, I am all new to cnc machining, but I am trying hard to learn. I have bought a dyna myte 4400M milling machine, with a meldas 500 control. I have figured out how to move the axis with the habdle and how to program with the MDI edit. However i get a P430 AXIS NOT RET error, which seems to be because the machine has not been homed after restart. How do I do this? The control panel has a mode switch which can be set to "zero return", but I have no idea what to do after turning this switch and I cannot find any explanation in the manual. I also have 2 flip switches saying T.L.M and PLAYBACK, can anyone explain what these do?
    The machine seems quite old, it is better to have a user manual to learn first before operating it, in case something wrong happen.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    Try setting "Zero Return" mode than Push and hold any XYZ or 4th button, until the Light goes ON...might be the "+" or "-" button...
    This worked perfectly! Thank you!

Any ideas on how to use the T.L.M mode? I guess it has something to do with tool length measurement? And the playback-switch?

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    The machine seems quite old, it is better to have a user manual to learn first before operating it, in case something wrong happen.
    Hi, I have the user manual, its 700pages and not very well written, so its hard to understand much from it. Just a easy thing like homing the axis was impossible for me to understand from the manual.