585,676 active members*
5,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unimig Razorcut 45 - Machine Torch?

I am not new to CNC having made several wood routers but am new to Plasma.

I am currently building a Plasma CNC and need a machine torch. I am in Australia and have a Unimig Razorcut 45. The razorcut 45 is used on several machines sold here but I have not been able to work out which torch they are using.

Any suggestions on which machine torch will fit or can be best adapted to work with the Razorcut? it uses an SC30 torch as standard.

Dave

Re: Unimig Razorcut 45 - Machine Torch?

Quote Originally Posted by davo453 View Post
    I am not new to CNC having made several wood routers but am new to Plasma.

I am currently building a Plasma CNC and need a machine torch. I am in Australia and have a Unimig Razorcut 45. The razorcut 45 is used on several machines sold here but I have not been able to work out which torch they are using.

Any suggestions on which machine torch will fit or can be best adapted to work with the Razorcut? it uses an SC30 torch as standard.

Dave
    Hey Dave,

Did you find it. Im just about to start building a machine for a guy and he has the razor cut 45. Not much is documented but from what i see it looks liek the machine torch for the razor cut 80 also works on the 45? IS this correct and did you get a pinout for the connector? Finally if you have been using it how does it compare.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedfuse View Post
    Hey Dave,

Did you find it. Im just about to start building a machine for a guy and he has the razor cut 45. Not much is documented but from what i see it looks liek the machine torch for the razor cut 80 also works on the 45? IS this correct and did you get a pinout for the connector? Finally if you have been using it how does it compare.

Nope yours is the first reply and as I am still waiting for other parts i've let it slide a bit. I did find out that Unimig do a "SCM80R Suregrip Series Plasma Torch" that works apparently but the dealer i approached to try and get one didn't bother to reply.

I may just modify the existing torch

Quote Originally Posted by twistedfuse View Post
    Hey Dave,

https://unimig.com.au/product/scm80r...-plasma-torch/

Hi Dave, thanks heaps for the update. Not sure what the issue is with unimig but haven't gotten a response since I emailed them. Keen to see your setup when running I'll be I'm hoping my design will be complete by end of week then as long as customer is happy with cost and look I'll hopefully start next week procuring and fabricating

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Double post removed