585,733 active members*
4,948 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: TNG Progress

Page 3 of 6 12345

Re: TNG Progress

Any innovations for cutting circuit boards?

Ok thanks, I preferred to uninstall the V1 and the old CNCUSB since this PC is not the production one.
    A question, how do you configure the 8 additional inputs of the EXT IN card? I see that there is the monitor in the IO panel but I don't see how to configure them.
    Thanks

???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.jpg  

You can not use G43 and G0 in same line. Both commands use Z Word.

This g-code generated in artcam 2017 (used postprocess PlanetCNC - Arcs(MM)ATC), it worked on version TNG 1

TNGv2 is first that handles Z with G43. Previous versions should return error.
    I don't know who made this post but it is wrong. Please send it to our email and I'll try to fix it.
    I'll also try to add support for this odd g-code combination

Hello
    I am French sorry for the translation if it is bad.
    I use a cnc with a slave motor in Y axis.
    Is an update planned to manage the limits for the slave axis? To align them precisely thanks to a homing.
    Thank you for the work done on your software which is very pleasant to use for me.

It is possible to do this and on TODO list is also premade script for this feature. It will be ready in one of forthcoming releases.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    You should delete your old scripts. TNGv2 has much more powerful scripting options but unfortunately syntax is different from old TNG.
    I have the same errors when trying to start the machine. Nothing works. Some files don't even load that were no problem on CNC-USB software. Frustrated....
    But where are the old scripts that I need to delete? For that matter, if there are old obsolete scripts somewhere on the machine, the installation probably should remove them automatically?
    Box Joint and Dovetail CAM software here: WWW.TAILMAKER.NET

Scripts are not "somewhere on machine". They are in scripts folder of your profile

You probably installed to same location where old TNG was. Of course we will not delete your existing scripts.

TNG supports g-code that is compatible with LinuxCNC, Mach4 and Fanuc. So there should be no problem finding decent postprocessor. If you do have g-code that does not work then please send it to our email.

TNGv2 is first that handles Z with G43. Previous versions should return error.
    I don't know who made this post but it is wrong. Please send it to our email and I'll try to fix it.
    I'll also try to add support for this odd g-code combination

what exactly do you need to send and to what mail? This control program was made by standard means of artcam, and it definitely worked on the previous version of TNG

Like I wrote previous versions should return an error.

Well, then you don’t know your program well, because it does not return an error.

By the way, can I install a new version without deleting the old one, will they both work?

It is dangerous to delete the old version without checking the new version to the end.

I never said that it throws an error. I said that it should throw an error. Instead command is just ignored.

TNGv2 handles this correctly. Having both G43 and G0 in same line is often used on Haas machines which handles G43 different than Fanuc.

Anyway, I said I will handle this and I don't understand why you keep bringing this up.

Yes, you can have different versions installed. TNG does not crap all over computer. Basically it is just 3 main files and done support files/folders in same folder root. I will describe them in more detail when I'm back in office.

Hi All, with v2 I'm experiencing some troubles trying to load gcode files (or exporting settings or profile files) to/from my nas.
    The native file dialog seems to ignore my networks share (something like Z:\ ->> \\mynas\gcode), but on windows explorer I can see (and use) correctly my network drive.
    If I manually insert my network share path on open file dialog, I can browse my files, but if I try to open one of them, nothing happen.
    I'm using Win10

Scripts are not "somewhere on machine". They are in scripts folder of your profile

You probably installed to same location where old TNG was. Of course we will not delete your existing scripts.

TNG supports g-code that is compatible with LinuxCNC, Mach4 and Fanuc. So there should be no problem finding decent postprocessor. If you do have g-code that does not work then please send it to our email.
    Thanks, but you need to have a little mercy with us users who are not Windows wizards. I managed to find the scripts folder eventually, deleted everything and then indeed the software works.
    The postprocessor was not the problem, just installing the software in the default place which happened to be where V1 was installed with the old scripts.

Machine is running now, still need to fine tune the settings concerning I/O. One thing I noticed is that the machine sounds differently when running. This is with NEMA34 steppers and Gecko drives on a MK3/4.
    On the old firmware the stepper sound was just a kind of a melodic note, pitch depending on the speed. With the new firmware, the sound is kind of hoarse but I don't know yet if it makes any difference in terms of machining. Maybe I should hook up a scope sometimes and watch the motor voltage and drive pulses. Does the new firmware generate the motor drive pulses differently?

Regarding network path drive mapping:
    Drive mapping is user dependant. You have Z drive mapped as standard user. TNG needs administrator priveliges and therefore runs as different user. Here is detailed description and solution:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3035277/mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-prompt-when-uac-is-co

TNGv2 uses same step engine and motion profiler as TNGv1. With same settings sound should be the same.
    If you are comparing to old CNCUSB then there is a major difference. TNG is much better.

Regarding network path drive mapping:
    Drive mapping is user dependant. You have Z drive mapped as standard user. TNG needs administrator priveliges and therefore runs as different user. Here is detailed description and solution:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...when-uac-is-co
    Thank you very much! I wasn't aware of this! Problem solved

I was trying to use the new Transformation Matrix feature in the settings default tab. But when I enter any value for the B0 parameter, and click "OK", then it will not save it. When I open the settings again it reverts to 0.0 and it does not show in the transformation under the Program menu as well.
    Do I need to click a checkbox somewhere to make this active?

Page 3 of 6 12345