584,862 active members*
5,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: TNG Progress

Page 5 of 6 3456

Re: TNG Progress

Not sure if this can be done by the installer, but if you follow the instructions in this thread.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/plane...-software.html

It gets rid of the the annoying UAC prompt at startup, but also allows access to the network drives. The added bonus is that you also don't need to use an elevated editor to edit scripts etc.
    I have been using this with TNGv1 for more than a year with no problems.

1. What about those who want to keep it running? Everybody has different needs that is why scripts are implemented. They allow you to customize behavior of software for your own needs.
    ---> I don't know all possible applications, but for a router I think stopping the spindle would be the safer behavior. But as you say it is easily configured with that script.

2. Never had this issues and nobody ever reported this problem.
    ---> Maybe it is only my machine with a cable picking up noise. It does work but unlike jogging with the screen buttons (which is an even, smooth movement), jogging with the jog inputs and the analog input is varying a little. In the old CNCUSB software one could choose to have the jog speed variable while jogging or fixed

3. It is called "Generator" now. These scripts are in UserGen folder and they appear in menu File/Generate. I will make some examples.
    ---> That is good and would work for me. But the File/Generate menu item on my system is greyed out and I don't know where UserGen folder is located
    Box Joint and Dovetail CAM software here: WWW.TAILMAKER.NET

Hey Jerry,
    Have a look at this thread. It tells you about the folder structure.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/plane...-software.html

The folders don't get created by default though, so you need to create them yourself. I have tested the UserCmd folder and it works. It would be nice if the software created these folders (with no content), so that you don't need to go hunting for what and where to create things.

Thanks Rat,
    I did figure that the folder should be in the profile and even created one. But since the folder was empty, the menu item was greyed out.
    I have now created a dummy script and voila! the generate menu item is there. Learning something new every day

Did anybody try "GuessNumber.nc" g-code? It is included in "Samples". It shows what you can do with dialogs within g-code.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Did anybody try "GuessNumber.nc" g-code? It is included in "Samples". It shows what you can do with dialogs within g-code.
    I haven't looked in the samples folder at all yet. I will have a look in the morning, we live in opposite time zones, has just gone midnight and need some sleep!

I am really loving all the new stuff

I was pleased that at the end I can cut printed circuit boards.

But I will not put this program on the machine soon, because an old friend is better than the new two(russian proverb).

By the way, I don’t know English at all, and I communicate through a translator. So sorry

The program developers are certainly well done.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    I just had a look. It is seriously nice
    I think I will be using that to make the manual tool change dialog a lot more pretty.

This forum thread is starting to become hard to follow and really should be locked. If there are other new features you want tested it might be worth starting a separate post for each of them so they can be kept on topic.

Thanks for all the great work

One thing I noticed is that if you hit "Cancel" on a dialog neither the OnStop or OnEnd scripts get run. Is there a way to capture the cancel in the script so that cleanup of things can be handled (ie. turning things off etc).

I will fix this. On stop should be triggered.

New version is out!!!!

Installing the windows version to a different directory still creates the PlanetCNC folder with the driver uninstall info in it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driver Folder.png  

Driver is a separate install. It was not changed and should install in original driver folder. Otherwise you will have two drivers (if this or really possible).

I uninstalled everything and cleaned up before installing. The PlanetCNC_Driver.exe file went into Program Files/PlanetCNCv2/Driver directory, the uninstall info went to the old default location.

Installed new November version no problems but have not yet tried out.
    But the update function still refers to the 10/28 release as the current one.

Hi,
    I downloaded and installed the new version .... in the ChangeLog I read:
    Added: Support for ExtIn and ExtOut boards
    But I can't understand where the configuration is accessed; Perhaps the implementation is only preparatory for a new update?

A curiosity ... why is it not possible to update the firmware with Lan connection? It is true that it is not updated frequently but it would be convenient.

As always, a great job!

ExtIn and ExtOut are set in "Settings/I2C, TX, Ext" section.
    User manual needs to be updated for this.

Ok, I had seen the changes in that section of the settings. I agree with you, fixed the small bugs that have emerged so far the most important thing now is updating the manual and the tutorials also and above all with regard to the writing of the scripts that have changed compared to V1 so then I can finally abandon Mach3 also for my small lathe. I just have to wish you good work.

figured out! post is not deleted

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I'm experiencing some troubles with tool offset lenght.
    1) home machine
    2) work offset to 0
    3) tool offset to 0
    4) Tool offset enabled to 0
    5) Start new tool offset measure
    Result: The "tool z offset" parameter get updated correctly but "tool offset status" remain 0/disabled
    If you manually check the enable status of tool offset, the tool offset z is set to zero and you must restart the measure procedure.

I resolved this behaviour editing the default measure tool script and putting a G43 more or less at the starting of the script.

Page 5 of 6 3456