584,817 active members*
4,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > How to link Alphacam to imos ix?

Question How to link Alphacam to imos ix?

Hello for all experienced Alphacam users,

I currently ordered a flat bed nesting CNC with Osai controller, and looking for a CAM to drive it.

I know there lots of CAM can drive the CNC, but I have only narrowed down to Alpahcam and Asapan as they are the two I can find to link each other, and most importantly they are the only two I can find in local country.

So, I would like to know has someone linked a third party kitchen cabinet cad cam to Alphacam?

I was told that the linking can be done by dxf files. However I personally would like to avoid the dxf files, because this type of file doesn't include toolings info, lead in lead out, feed rate etc.

I was a CNC programmer, and used to handle Biess bpp and some dxf file all the time, so I understand the fundamental of the difference between dxf and other files that contain machining information.

Here, it will be very grateful if someone can give me advice for linking a third party CAD to Alphacam, either by dxf method or others.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Naphtali

Re: How to link Alphacam to imos ix?

I believe IMOS will output a CSV file that you can use to load parts and control part settings within Automation Manager. Automation Manager will then automate the application of toolpaths, programmed drawings, NC files, reports and so forth.

Hi thanks for the reply,

The Alphacsm sales person responded me with similar answer. But when I ask the how? And how mucb time need to set up the the auto functions as imos has lots of dxf layers in terms of parts, and they all kept quiet.

Its not sufficient to yes, and then without proof if they want to sell a product.
    So, thst what I am struggling. I have googled all necessary keywords to find answers, but failed. Tbis is why I try this forum to get some luck.

Cheers

Nap

Quote Originally Posted by headscraper View Post
    I believe IMOS will output a CSV file that you can use to load parts and control part settings within Automation Manager. Automation Manager will then automate the application of toolpaths, programmed drawings, NC files, reports and so forth.