585,753 active members*
3,724 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VFD set up

VFD set up

Hi All,

WOW looking threw the forums offered here what I great resource! Hopefully, Im posting in the correct forum.

New here, I am installing a Huanyang VFD Inverter and Chinese Amazon spindle kit on our Zenbot CNC router. The VFD is under power and spindle is running but will only run at about 150 RPMS when I turn the potentiometer. After wiring it up I "tried" to go through the initial set up steps to get the VFD programmed properly but not sure it is right. I did it a few times but Im not sure how to confirm the setting are correct? How do I confirm this?

Is there anyone here who can help to get this spindle set up and running, set up with Mach3 controller, be able to program my spindle speeds in my CAM. I also have a cheap China Z probe I need to set up with my controller or Mach3 not sure how it gets wired in and If it Z 0s itself when it hits the prob disk. I would also like to have the ability to tun on Vacumme on program start from my CAM if possible.

Lots of Youtube vids but I do not find my exact model and some of the conversations in vids are beyond my electrical knowledge which is limited.

The model we have is the 110V ER 11 kit VFD Model number is HY01D511B.

Re: VFD set up

do you have a manual? have you tried running it straight off the front panel to confirm that the speed goes up and down? you could have the pot setting wrong on the vsd or you could have wired it wrong. when you go into the settings and check each one it should be the same as what you changed it to.

ericks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_B View Post
    Hi All,

WOW looking threw the forums offered here what I great resource! Hopefully, Im posting in the correct forum.

New here, I am installing a Huanyang VFD Inverter and Chinese Amazon spindle kit on our Zenbot CNC router. The VFD is under power and spindle is running but will only run at about 150 RPMS when I turn the potentiometer. After wiring it up I "tried" to go through the initial set up steps to get the VFD programmed properly but not sure it is right. I did it a few times but Im not sure how to confirm the setting are correct? How do I confirm this?

Is there anyone here who can help to get this spindle set up and running, set up with Mach3 controller, be able to program my spindle speeds in my CAM. I also have a cheap China Z probe I need to set up with my controller or Mach3 not sure how it gets wired in and If it Z 0s itself when it hits the prob disk. I would also like to have the ability to tun on Vacumme on program start from my CAM if possible.

Lots of Youtube vids but I do not find my exact model and some of the conversations in vids are beyond my electrical knowledge which is limited.

Best to set up the drive without the spindle motor connected. Specially if you not sure about doing this sort of thing cause else you might damage your motor and or drive. You can set up the drive alone and confirm the start stop and speed up and down without the motor connected. Once you know that everything's working at the drive end then you can connect the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_B View Post
    Hi All,

You will find everything you need in this thread
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...gs-manual.html don't run it if you can only get low RPM as you will damage the motor 6,000 is your minimum speed for this spindle
    Mactec54